Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 13th, 2014 13:00

Recommendations for workstations with four monitors

Hi:

we’ve got a network of about 10 workstations and a server (T610 -- which has been great!).

I’d like to add a couple of workstations with four monitors -- we’ll be using QuickBooks on one screen, an ERP (inventory) software on the second, Outlook on the third, and the last we’ll use for various things (Web surfing, etc).

So I don’t think the workload will be “intensive” and we don’t do a lot of graphics works and certainly nothing serious like video editing.

But I need ac couple of machines that will handle four monitors.

Our Dell rep quoted us Dell Precision T3610 CTO Base - but I wanted to get opinions from y’all here abotu that.  Should we go with Precision -- can we get away with the Precision 1710’s or even go with the less expensive Inspiron or more expensive Optiplex?

Thoughts and suggestions much appreciated!

Thanks!

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

December 13th, 2014 17:00

You might want to repost this in What Do I Buy.

4 Posts

December 14th, 2014 14:00

Thanks Ron.  Will do.

4 Posts

December 15th, 2014 01:00

Well it looks like my post in the “What to Buy” forum was met with a reply to post it in the “Desktop” forum :)

4 Posts

December 15th, 2014 01:00

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

December 15th, 2014 13:00

Sorry 'bout that. Don't know who and why they'd send you back here, when that's the forum where people are supposed to get advice on purchases.

But now that you have it in both places, maybe somebody will respond to one or the other post. :emotion-5:

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

December 16th, 2014 09:00

I would Recommend This card.

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

• Drive up to six displays simultaneously with independent resolutions, refresh rates, color controls, and video overlays
  • 6 active mini DisplayPort outputs
  • Combine multiple displays to behave like a single large display with display grouping
  • Anisotropic filtering method and enhanced texture filtering precision
  • 2 GB of GDDR5 memory delivers more speed and higher bandwidths

No Events found!