Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 11th, 2008 14:00

Recording audio without "mix" on XPS420 and Vista

Hi to all !

After having searched for a solution to add a "mix" input to my XPS420 with Sigmatel Audio (no additional audio board) I found  "freecorder" .
 http://applian.com/products.php
It is a software which record all audio "output" signals.
It adds a Toolbar to Firefox with the most important buttons and it is very simple to use.
In the free version it is possible to record in MP3 with max 128 Kbit/sec. To register internet radio or similar is absolutely enough.
And .............it works !!!!!

I hope there are no drawback....
Any comments or suggestions ?

1.1K Posts

February 11th, 2008 15:00

Did your XPS 420 come with Adobe SOundbooth?  I have that and it shows a mixer for recording.  Tried to use it and couldn't figure out what i was doing, but it did have it.

6 Posts

February 11th, 2008 16:00

No, I did not receive the software. I got my XPS420 December 20.

I will ask if I get the package.
Thanks for hint

franco

1.1K Posts

February 11th, 2008 16:00

It's a nice package.

It's Adobe Elements Studios, it has Photoshop 6.0, Elements 4.0 and Soundbooth CS3,

Here is a link to a tutorial page for CS3, it might be what you are looking for.

http://www.adobe.com/products/soundbooth/
Message Edited by eskymi on 02-11-2008 01:26 PM

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 11th, 2008 19:00

francof,

Did the freecorder add What U hear to the recording options?

6 Posts

February 11th, 2008 19:00

It is a nice package but it seems to offer the same features as "audacity" (free software).

My wish was only to have a "mixer" input to record audio, nothing more.

franco

6 Posts

February 12th, 2008 08:00

@ Dell ChrisM

No, but during recording it opens a "freecoder" volume control in the mixer window (??).

Additionally: If the audio source is DRM Copy Protected, you won't be able to record it.

For now it is sufficient but in future I will buy an Audigy SE board as suggested. The price here in Germany is
less then 15 Euro (20 $) !!!

franco
-an italian living in Germany-

14.4K Posts

February 12th, 2008 11:00

If you want all the bells and whistles if you get the XF-I Xtreme music edition it comes with a mixer and a bunch of other goodies..course is a bit more expensive than an Audigy which is still a great card..
No Events found!