Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 25th, 2009 10:00

SAVING DOWNLOADS

Hi All,

I`ve just got some downloads fron the dell support centre but I dont know where to save them.

do I save in my docs, desktop. system or where?

Please help this novice!!!

Thanks

3.4K Posts

December 25th, 2009 11:00

Hello,

If I assume correctly that these downloads are driver updates or update files ...

You can save them anywhere you like as long as you know where they are saved to. The desktop will be fine.

Once downloaded, just click on the file to install. Once installed you can delete the files.

10 Posts

Normal geeks never save any file to my documents or desktop. They always save files in another drive. (Ex: You have C: Drive, please save in D: Drive)

14.4K Posts

what I do is on my desktop I created a folder called Downloads. Within this folder there are sub folders for various things like for example... Utilities in which i would save utility type files like cleaners, optimizers, another called updates with subfolder within. Under this I have a separate folder for major components like printer, graphic card, sound card, and the like. It is in these sub folder that I save the driver updates. I also have under the main Download folder a folder called Dell Downloads. Within this folder I have sub folders for the different categories of Dell driver downloads. They mimic the ones you see on the Dell web site.

The point of all of this is there is one place sub categorized with folders for the various types of downloads. This makes it very neat and easy to find a download.

2 Posts

O.K. I`ll do that.  Many Thanks`

3.4K Posts

You're welcome,

Merry Christmas ... :emotion-51:

No Events found!