Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 19th, 2014 14:00

SOLUTION to choose which hard drive to boot into---EASYBCD!

Hi,

I have 2 threads here concerning how I could choose which of the 2 hard drives i have installed on my DELL OPTIPLEX 755 MT,to boot into.Dell bios has "no" option to do so.,at least in my bios version A22 it does "not".

A member here,DAVET50,suggested I try EASYBCD to choose which hard drive to boot into.After installing it I just added my cloned secondary hard drive "F" to the "add entry" list and now I have an "operating systems list"  to choose which drive I want to boot into before Windows starts! Best of all---it`s so easy! A few mouse clicks and done!

Both drives boot perfectly and I can now select which drive/operating system I want to boot from!

Thanks again DAVET50! I know I may seem a bit overjoyed about this,but if you all knew how long and how much I`ve been searching for a solution,you`d understand.

Thanks also to other members here who tried to help me.

For those who may have the same problem in the future,just remember,EASYBCD!

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

April 19th, 2014 15:00

EasyBCD has an easier interface, but the built-in BCDEdit (command line) can do the same thing, from either the running OS or from the repair utilities on the installation disc.  Also, if installing one and then the other, as long as the second OS is the same version or newer, it should add them both to the boot list automatically.

25 Posts

May 1st, 2014 17:00

This thread is "answered". EASYBCD is my choice for the fix,and apparently the built in BCDEdit works too.

EASYBCD is much easier to use,for me anyway.

No Events found!