Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

April 11th, 2005 01:00

Screen keeps minimizing by itself, need urgent help.

Hi,

I'm having problems with running some programs and the screen just keeps minimizing by itself every 5 mins. For example, when I play a game the screen minimizes out of nowhere :smileysad: . When i get back into the game, the same thing keeps happening every 5 mins or so. I don't have any other programs running in the background and it can't be my antivirus either. I tried rebooting my computer but nothing worked. If someone can help me then please reply. Help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you !

The game that I usually play is World of Warcraft,but it happens with other games that I play too. Happens with Day of Defeat and so on.
I have Windows XP Home edition and my grafic card is a GeForce FX 5200 128 MB. My desktop is a Dell Dimension 8300.

Message Edited by brocksolid17 on 04-10-2005 09:44 PM

1.1K Posts

You're not hitting the windows key on the keyboard by accident, perhaps?

2.8K Posts

@Daddyjaxx wrote:
You're not hitting the windows key on the keyboard by accident, perhaps?

Yeah that could be it too.

2.8K Posts

Goto www.nvidia.com and download the latest drivers.

Remove your old drivers after you down load the new ones.

2.8K Posts

What system and OS?

What game and what Video card to you have?

April 11th, 2005 03:00

lol no im not hitting the windows key on accident. I finally fixed the problem. It was a spyware program that caused it. The program was WinTools so I removed it and everything works now.
Thank's for the help though guys.

1 Message

January 25th, 2012 13:00

Hi

I may have the answer to your problem of the screen minimizing itself.    As I have gotten answers to problems from blogs in the past I felt in time to return the favor and create this Dell Acount.

I bought a Dell 14 inch Inspiron Laptop from Walmart online 7 months ago.   For months I had the same problem of the screen constantly minimzing itself.   Talked to two Dell techs and was told there was no problem related to this with my model.    Went into Staples and had the tune up done, which was of no help.    Went to another Staples and this tech told me it was because I was resting my palms on the cursor pad.    So he showed me how to disable the pad (as I was using a wireless mouse and did not need it) and told me the problem was solved.   It was not.

So after this I thought.   What if the wireless mouse was sending a signal by itself to minimize the screen.    I switched to a tethered mouse three weeks ago, and after many uses the problem no longer exists.

I am far from tech savy, but used some common sense.    What a difference.    I had been swearing at the computer for months.   The wireless mouse that was causing the problem was the Logitech M705.   Would appreciate any feedback if this will worked for your.    Tom 

No Events found!