Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 13th, 2013 09:00

Serious XPS400 Problem Solved

This may not be the proper place to do this but then again I'm not that PC("Politically Correct" in case you thought in computer terms PC).

Anyway, If caps on means yelling then yes I am!

THANK YOU!

RON

SUJATHA K.

SPEED

MY COMPUTER RUNS GREAT NOW AND PASSED ALL ONLINE DELL DIAGNOSTICS !

YOU HAVE ALL BEEN GREAT HELP! THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR TIME.

Enough of the praise...... Now other than creating a restore point, How can I create(burn) a disk that will restore my system back to where I am now before this happens again!

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

February 13th, 2013 10:00

Glad you're up and running again.

Depending on your hard drive brand, go to that manufacturer's web site and look for their free version of a drive imaging utility, which may be based on Acronis True Image. It will allow you to create an image of the whole drive, but not incremental images, eg it creates an entire drive image each time, not one that has changes from the previous image. (It is free...)

You can save the image on an external hard drive or burn it to a CV/DVD. The software can manage splitting the image onto multiple optical disks because it probably won't fit on one disk.

Don't know why you keep starting new threads. To respond to an existing thread, log in and type your response in the box right below the post you're responding to and click Reply when done. If you want to use rich formatting (eg, bold, smilies, etc) click "use rich formatting" and type your response in the new window that opens.

No Events found!