Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

January 27th, 2008 19:00

Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced MB

When I try to install Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced MB it keeps telling me that my license key has expired, I have never encountered a problem like this before when I have made a clean install.  This software came along with my driver, its compatible with it, I have tried contacting Creative but I assume their support system is terrible because I haven't received a response. This is a ripoff why does it say my license key has expired since it's not supposed to do that since it's for my sound driver. My warranty with dell has expired so I can't contact them via e-mail. I'm never buying from Dell again :(

46 Posts

January 27th, 2008 20:00

Hi

I've had this exact same problem, and I'm afraid to tell you that the answer to your question is yes the key does expire.

I contacted Creative and they informed me that the key will only work 3 times, after which you need to get another.

I simply purchased a new one cost me $19.99 so about a tenna, just wasn't worth the hastle contacting Dell as they are not a lot of help on this one :smileymad:

I tried on several occasions and had no sensible answers, so just bit the bulet and purchased a new key, now everything is working just fine....

2 Posts

January 28th, 2008 05:00

Bummer I have to purchase a new key, oh well then...thanks anyway

64 Posts

August 30th, 2009 18:00

I know this is too late for you but for anyone else reading this post, there should be no charge for a new key.  Dell can give you the link to the Creative request form for a new key...or you can search the Creative site for it.  It is there, but very difficult to find.  Search for Audigy Advanced MB and you will eventually be able to find the form.  Why this should be necessary is beyond me!  The software won't even work with a 64 bit operating system!

No Events found!