Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 29th, 2013 14:00

Sound Won't Come Out of My Headphones At All

Okay, so I recently got a new Inspiron 660 and everything was going so smoothly... until I went to YouTube. No sound came out at all, I quickly realized that I didn't even have speakers hooked up to it(brain fart), so for a quick solution, I went to grab my earbuds. I plugged them into my computer, and what was I rewarded with? Nothing. So far I have not been able to get any sound to come out. Nothing pops up when I plug in the headphones and the "Sound" section is no help whatsoever. I have tried multiple different sets of earbuds and headphones. Nothing has worked so far, I even tried plugging in a couple different phone speakers to see if I could get it to work through there and still nothing. Please help, this I extremely annoying and any and all feedback is welcome. Even if you have no idea what you're talking about, but have an idea, share it. Because I really need the help. Thanks!

December 31st, 2013 09:00

I have figured out the problem for me anyways, this may not be the problem for you. Anyway, on the back of my monitor is a headphone jack and it turns out, the desktop was trying to use that as a default output for sound. So, that's where I have to put my headphones for sound to come out. To get sound to come out of the external speakers connected directly to the computers audio out jack, you must then disconnect the headphones from the monitor audio out jack, for the original output must be disconnected for a new one to be used. Hope this help and sorry if it doesn't!

7 Posts

December 29th, 2013 15:00

I have a dell inspiron 660 to, and sound comes out, but no sound comes in. I also am doing everything right for it to happen.

12 Posts

I also have no sound in my speakers. I have now bought headphones and still no sound. I had a CD in my drove amd pointing my cursor at the speaker this shows that sound is coming from the CD with a wavy line going along the volume control. This suggests that the problem is with the hardware. What do I do about it? Can Dell inspect something some remotely?

7 Posts

I to have the same problem.

March 11th, 2014 11:00

That's nice.  Everybody thinks that yanking a desktop tower around and jerking cables in and out is an acceptable procedure.  I'd say this stopped becoming a real answer somewhere around 1910.   :emotion-7:

No Events found!