Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 27th, 2009 23:00

Sound system problem

Hi, anytime I play music through my PC it has this static sound and little pops coming in. This has been occurring for the past few months. I have the PC hooked up to a Pioneer RX-570 unit. I tested the unit out by using the radio and cassette player and they sound fine. I also hooked headphones in the back and the sound still occurs. I tried talking to Dell people but they wanted me to reformat my PC and I refused. I now have Windows 7 so I reformatted and the sound is still there. It seems to go away for a little while and come back. I also updated my audio drivers and that did nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

October 28th, 2009 05:00

What model PC?   What type of sound do you have, the Integrated (on the motherboard) or a separate Sound Card?

Can't really say without this info.

One general issue.  If you have a separate sound card, make sure the Integrated Audio is disabled in the BIOS (F2 at boot up).  The Integrated Audio may be identified as "legacy audio" or "HD Audio" in the BIOS.

October 28th, 2009 06:00

It is a Inspiron 530 with integrated sound card. 

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

October 28th, 2009 07:00

Check the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Sound, and see if there are any other options there.  Also check the Speaker setup and make sure it's the correct type for what you are using.  (e.g. stereo speakers).

I don't see those options but I do have bass boost, virtual surround, room correction, etc and I turned those all off as I thought that could have caused problems. It didn't change anything.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

I don't have access to a PC with that Integrated Audio sound module, but on many systems there is a "Sound Enhancement" panel and options such as reverb, chorus, etc.  If yours has this, disable ALL sound enhancements as we have seen this cause problems.

No Events found!