Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

August 22nd, 2000 14:00

Start Up Differences

Hello Dell experts:

My new 4100 seems to be somewhat less problematic than some (except for the noisy fan, so far) but often it starts in DOS mode and I don't understand why. Most of the time it starts normally, but I wonder if there is something other than clicking out of the DOS setup that I should do next time this happens. I welcome your suggestions.

1.1K Posts

August 23rd, 2000 01:00

mkmax wrote:
- Most of the time it starts normally, but I
- wonder if there is something other than clicking out
- of the DOS setup that I should do next time this
- happens.

Is this a DOS window you're seeing? If so, what's in the window? What is the window entitled?

5 Posts

August 23rd, 2000 04:00

Thanks for the post, David. A tech was here today to replace the fan and we also discussed this problem which came up while he was here. The caps lock was on the keyboard, easily fixed and no longer a problem. However, this replacement fan is still noisy, so I would like another one when they are available. I hope its soon. If it turns out to be beyond ny initial thirty days, will the company extend the time since I have promptly brought it to your attention? I hope so. I would like for this computer to work out so I can keep it. mkm5 is the same person as mkmax - just lost that password.
No Events found!