Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 25th, 2013 15:00

Studio Slim 540s

I have a Studio Slim 540s. I went to restore it to a different day. Well that didn't work. I undid the restore and now it is telling me that I am missing a DCIMAN32.dll.

It is telling me that I need to reinstall it. Where do I go.  Also, I was going to just restore it to factory image restore. Well it doesn't work either.  The reason I went to

any of the restore was I couldn't get on line.  When I do the factory image restore it goes to the page and the mouse arrow just sits there. Please help me fix

the  problem or tell me where to go and get it fixed...I would appriciate any help.

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

January 25th, 2013 16:00

With my 540s, I clean-installed Windows 7 on a brand new hard drive without the recovery partition.

It worked well. And a Windows 7 Home Premium OEM DVD from Newegg ($80 on sale) is a heckuva lot cheaper than taking your 540s into a shop. Windows 8 is only $40 in download version through the end of the month (at the Microsoft online store).

141 Posts

January 26th, 2013 05:00

I found a system restore. I deleted the old one and reinstalled a new one, that seemed to fix the problem. Thank you for your help.

No Events found!