Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

December 30th, 2009 19:00

Studio XPS435MT

Hi,

I purchased the above system back in April.  I remember hearing about a loud fan as a problem but did not have this issue, i believe because there was a bios update correcting this.  Recently, I upgraded my system to windown 7.  As a result, I went onto dell to download the latest drivers and saw there was also an updated bios (actually several since april).  I downloaded the latest, and Ive noticed the fan is a little bit louder.  Although not excessively loud, I notice it since it is louder.  I went into the details and saw one of the bios updates addressing the fans.  Since I didn't have any issues with the prior bios- could I re-install the earlier bios and see if that changes anything, or is that not recommended.  Again, its not excessively loud- but I hear it constantly where as I was able to block the noise when it was quieter.  Tx

155 Posts

December 30th, 2009 20:00

The latest BIOS incorporates all the changes of the earlier ones, therefore it would not be effective to try to install the earlier BIOS file which specifically addressed the noisy fan issue. Also, it is not easy or straightforward to downgrade the BIOS, as attempting a normal installation of an earlier version that which is installed will not work. One needs to use a command prompt and a /forceit switch. I recommend that you do not try this.

Bob N.

No Events found!