Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

July 13th, 2014 23:00

Support service question are not really reasonable

my Inspiron 2320 just fell off the table and broke. it is under complete coverage warranty. I reported this to support services. He asked me the picture. I sent a picture of the screen. The screen is completely broke and there are broken glass and rough edges.

he came back asking for a picture of the back panel. The body and screen is broken and it's dangerous to touch the desktop. He is insistent that i clean up the glass and send him a picture. This to me is completely unreasonable. 

can someone look into this and help me to get right support. I have paid a good sum for complete coverage and now when I need support I am getting this which doesn't look right.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

July 14th, 2014 07:00

They need a picture of the serial Number and model number.

This forum is not world wide Dell Support.

You must work this out with the vendor in your country.

9 Posts

July 22nd, 2014 00:00

Thanks for the response. I thought Service Code/Express service code is good enough for that which was provided on the very first call.

The dell support is surprisingly pathetic support. My warranty is NBD and it's more than 1 week now.

First they sent some parts and sent technician next day. Only to find that parts sent are not enough. Sure , those are not enough because no one checked what it needs before sending the parts.

Technician went back to order the other parts and now it's 4th day since. 

I received a call on Monday/yesterday that a technician will come today. and it's no show. No notification to me either. Called 5 different numbers on Tech support and as expected no one can do anything or give me any information. 

I have taken 2 days of leave to get this desktop fixed and it is still not fixed.

Surely this is my last engagement with Dell. no doubt why i see tag line on many forum as "Dell Support Hell Support".

9 Posts

July 22nd, 2014 01:00

And i am wondering, isn't it a legal violation of NBD service agreement?  i would like to explore that avenue to escalate this on the legal agreement ground

My express code is [Admin NOTE: Express service code removed per TOU policy]

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

July 22nd, 2014 06:00

This forum is Not Dell Warranty Support for Singapore for your 2011  Inspiron One 2320.  Having a valid express service code does not mean that you are the person listed on the warranty.  Dell keeps an internal database of the serial number of all parts within the system as well as the owner information.

International Support Services

Connect with International Support Experts wherever you are in the world. Diagnose and resolve technical problems or arrange Next Business Day On-Site Service over the phone when traveling internationally.

The following are prohibited on this Dell funded Community Forum:
* The usage of profanity in any form
* legalistic soliciting

* The act of soliciting other users
* Any statement or username defined by DELL as libelous.

Part Number   Quantity   Description
50NT9             1       BASE (ASSEMBLY OR GROUP), INSP DT, ALL IN ONE, 2320, TOUCH, CTO
PGH1N             1       ASSEMBLY, HEATSINK, FAN, MXM, FEMALE, A
M6M5F             1       Kit, Mouse/Keyboard Combo, Wireless, United States
X830D             2       DUAL IN-LINE MEMORY MODULE, 4GB, 1333MHZ, 512X64, 8K, 204
2WK2D             1       HARD DRIVE, 2TB, S3, 7.2K, SGT-MUSKIE, 6G
1P8GN             1       ASSEMBLY, CHASSIS, W/AV, FIRESTONE
JVF3V             1       ADAPTER, ALTERNATING CURRENT, 180W, FLEXIBLE, 3P, WORLD WIDE
J663C             1       CORD, POWER, 250V, 2.5A, 1M, C5, UNITED KINGDOM
327VM             1       PROCESSOR, I7-2600S, 2.8, 4C, SNB, D2, L
5PP3X             1      BEZEL, LCD, FRONT, TOUCH, QUANTA, FEMALE
KF33W             1    LCD, SMSN, CNVRTR, TOUCH, QUANTA, FEMALE, A
PCHNN             1       KIT, REMOTE CONTROL, INFRA-RED, REST OF WORLD, 410
WC3YD             1       Kit, Software, Creative, Camera, Consumer, 2.0
T1WKW             1       Kit, Software, Sensible Vision, Facial Recognition, 3.0
FKGR3             1       Dvd+/-Rw, 8X, Serial Ata, BARE, Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology
KCHH6             1       PRINTED WIRING ASSY, DAUGHTERBOARD, IR-RCVR, ALL IN ONE, 2320
XXG96             1       CARD (CIRCUIT), WIRELESS, INTEL6230, WORLD WIDE
VX2N9             1       Kit, Software, Compact Diskette, MCAF11, Multiple User Interface

No Events found!