Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 29th, 2013 20:00

System Crash During BIOS update

When attempting to complete a BIOS update on my desktop (Inspiron io2330) today the update got to 44% then froze up followed by my system crashing and rebooting.  Now it is in a cycle of attempting to start up then stopping theN attempting to start again.  The fan starts and my screen comes on but never even gets to the Dell logo before shutting down then restarting and going through the same process again.   I am looking for any help I can get but am worried I have a big problem.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

December 30th, 2013 01:00

Hi Horn96,

After the BIOS update if the system is not booting up it may be due to many reasons. Before updating the BIOS we need to keep in mind that we are updating the correct BIOS for the particular system model. Secondly if the system turns off during the BIOS update you will face this issue. The only way to fix the problem is to replace the system board.

Depending on the warranty status we can help you further, please use the link below to check the warranty status.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please punch in the system service tag or express service code. In case your system warranty has expired please contact the Out of Warranty department 1-800-288-4410 (U.S.Customer only). In case your system is under warranty please send me the system service tag or express service code through a private chat, so that I can help you further. 

Click on my username select start a private conversation and send me the details.

3 Posts

December 30th, 2013 06:00

Sending you a PM now.

2 Posts

January 4th, 2017 10:00

I also want to update my BIOS. I believe I am using the correct version A13

Also, I used free upgrade option from WINDOWS site to upgrade to WINDOWS 10.

now my boot process does not physically see the hard drive. i will check physical connections further once diagnostic is finished on system- so far no errors in system. Awaiting memory check of non- hard drive memory to know for sure.

No Events found!