Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 22nd, 2017 13:00

T3500 Motherboard

Hello; I have a T3500 motherboard that I am putting into a custom built computer. I have read the compatibility list for the hardware that is going into it; but I have hit 2 speed bumps. The first is that I am try to get my heat sink onto my computer and it came with clips so I do not know what type of screws are needed to secure.

The second is that my front panel on my computer has two USB ports, Audio, and the LED light, to include the power button; and I was looking for the board to get for the front panel to make it work but as I was looking at the board there doesn't look like a place for the power switch to plug into. So is the power switch connected to the motherboard separately or where does it hook up to on the Board? 

I have just tried talking to customer service and with out the service id they can't even recommend any parts that are compatible for the motherboard. 

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

January 23rd, 2017 08:00

The front usb and power button and diag lights are on a board with 20 pin ribbon cable.  Pinouts are not given.  Dell uses the case to screw in the heatsink from the top side instead of an xbar on the back of the socket.

There was discussion on this quite a while back.  The power on Button being the one "Important" thing.  However the thermal sensor for the board is also on the front panel so I further doubt that this is a "solution"

It cant be 17 and 20 perhaps 19 and 23 or is it 4 pin 17 and 23?

Disclaimer It may or may not work. I'm not willing to ruin a board to find out.

.As with most Dells there is a proprietary Front Panel Board and 20 pin or more ribbon cable.

Dell Precision WorkStation T3500 I/O Panel Assembly with USB Audio I/O Control Panel, 29" Internal Audio Cable D/PN X389H, Front Panel Cable D/PN JN454, and Mounting Bracket, Dell M884G, MC532.

No Events found!