Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 9th, 2017 08:00

TOUCH CAMERA PROBLEM ON INSPIRON 2305 AIO

After installing HP printer 4750 I can not access the touch cam from the start menu. When I click on Touch Cam, I get this message "windows cannot find  c:\program files x86\dell\dell touchcam\dell touchcam.exe. make sure you typed the name correctly,and then try again"

The camera is installed and working correctly according to device manager. The camera works with skype and fast access face recognition programs. Just cannot access from start menu 

Any help appreciated

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

April 9th, 2017 10:00

Did you check the file location of touchcam.exe? Why do you need to access it directly if it works on skype and face recognition? That is how it is supposed to work. Try other programs that use the camera. Have you changed your operating system or made any other changes besides the printer? Sometimes installing hardware changes or deletes needed files. Did you update the HP drivers for the printer? Make sure to get the latest ones from HP website not the install disk which is out of date.

11 Posts

April 9th, 2017 15:00

Thanks for your reply. Yes drivers for printer up to date. I like to be able to access the camera to make short video messages without accessing other programs. Just trying to get the touch cam program to open from the start menu.. It appears that the touch cam program is missing from the program files folder, but skype and face recognition program finds it some how..

11 Posts

April 11th, 2017 20:00

This is really perplexing to me. I click on Skype or Fast access and the camera activates. When I click on Touchcam in the start menu, I get this "windows cannot find  c:\program files x86\dell\dell touchcam\dell touchcam.exe. make sure you typed the name correctly,and then try again

No Events found!