Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 15th, 2016 19:00

Terrible experience - Dell XPS and Customer Support

Just received my XPS today and it won't boot. The error pops up "no bootable devices." To add insult to injury:

1. The service tags are incorrect, which led Dell Support to think that i have a laptop. I wasted over 1 hour and 15 minutes on this alone being on hold with 3 different people. One of which, named Arlene, put me on hold for 28 minutes and never responded. While on hold with Arlene, I used my other cell to call back in and finally was in touch with my 3rd rep. This rep wanted me to fix the service tag issue with customer care (meaning they wanted me to fix DELL's issue with the service tags) before helping me.

2. After taking pictures of the service tag on my computer and a screenshot of my approximately $2300 order screen on dell.com, the support rep helped me. Turns out that I have to wait a few days to get a recovery disc. 

3. This process was 3 hours due to poor quality control at Dell (faulty computer and incorrect service tags) and poor customer service (getting the run around, forgetting customers on hold, etc.)

No Responses!
No Events found!