Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 18th, 2013 20:00

There are noise coming out from my dell Vostro 200

There are noise continue to coming from the side and the back of my dell Vostro 200, i have try removing the RAM line but still have sound,can i ask why and what is happening

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 18th, 2013 21:00

Hi chowsc,

I would suggest that you run the diagnostics on the computer by following the steps mentioned in the video below and check if there is any issue with the hardware on your system.

http://dell.to/164l6g4

Also, I would like to know is the noise you are referring to is a beep sound and let us know from which part is the noise coming in the system.

8 Posts

The noise is come from the back and the side of the desktop

And not only small beep sound and quite lound

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

There are noise continue to coming from the side and the back of my dell Vostro 200, i have try removing the RAM line but still have sound,can i ask why and what is happening

chowsc

You need to remove the cover of the case, then boot the Vostro 200 and try to find which component is making the noise.

Suspect either the case, or processor fans and maybe the video card, if installed and has a fan.

Bev.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 20th, 2013 21:00

Hi chowsc, 

As suggested by shesagordie please remove the cover from the system and let us know from whch part the noise is coming so that we can suggest you further troubleshooting. Also, let us know the results of the hardware diagnostics.

No Events found!