Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

FC

May 4th, 2009 13:00

Tone Control greyed out

Hi

I recently got myself a S/H Dell Dimension 5150 which has a creative labs  SB Live 24 bit sound card fitted. I have it rigged it up to my 5.1 spk system. Although overall happy with the sound I have found I cannot alter the bass & treble tone controls as they are "greyed out" in the advanced playback control for the sound. And also of course in the creative volume control. As music sounds bassy it would be good to be able to adjust the tone! I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers for the sound card but that still did not ungrey the tone control! I realise the sound card is an OEM, but all my previous computers which had OEM creative soundcards still allowed me to adjust the tone! Any solutions to this problem?

cheers

bill

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 4th, 2009 15:00

That is common to not have the tone controls in many newer sound systems.  However, media players have their own EQ controls and you can use them to control the tone.  e.g. with Windows Media Player 11, I use the graphic EQ option.  

I have an E510 which is the US Version of the 5150 and I don't recall that sound card being an option, in the US.  The Audigy 2ZS was the "current" sound card that Dell was selling at the time.  I didn't buy the optional sound card as I had a Retail SoundBlaster sound card that I installed.

No Events found!