Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 15th, 2009 14:00

Trouble with keyboard and mouse

I have a Dell Deminsion 4400 that was working with no problems and last week the wireless keyboard and mouse stopped working.  I changed batteries..no luck.  I hooked them up to my laptop and they work fine.  I tried plugging in 3 different mice and still can't get them to work.  For a brief period of time I was able to get a keyboard to work with the computer, but now I am having no luck.   Also last week when I turned the computer on the Windows loading screen kept running.   Now when I turn it on it runs some sort of chkdsk utility, then will start up Windows, but I can't use the computer b/c I can't move the mouse to click on a user.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

June 7th, 2012 15:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community.

I can understand the problem that you are facing.

What you can do is you can do power drain. To do this you can remove the power cable from the back of the tower and hold the power key down for 20-30 seconds. Then you can connect the cable back and restart your system.

It should resolve the concern.

If the problem still persists i will request you to disconnect any other device which is connected on USB ports ( printer, ext Hard drive, Usb media drives) and then you can try to reboot the system. This should help you in getting the system running again.

If you still get the chkdsk utility screen. You can reboot the system and keep tapping on F8 key and enter the advance boot menu and choose the Last known good configuration. This will ensure that your issue is taken care.

If You need any further assistance you can reply to this post.

Thanks,

Paras

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

No Events found!