Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 25th, 2016 16:00

U2515H monitor won't turn on

I have just received my new U2515H monitor and have tried to hook it up to my computer. The power LED lit up when first plugged in for about a minute and now nothing. It can be detected as a second monitor so something is obviously working but the monitor just won't turn on, not even the power led. Help!

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 25th, 2016 18:00

Hi emmyr85,

I’d suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check if the Monitor starts.

1. Switch off the computer.

2. Disconnect all the cables of the monitor from the tower and the power cable connected to the wall.

4. Press and hold down the power button of the monitor for 15 seconds.

5. Then connect back all the cables to check if the monitor starts up.

Also, please powerup the monitor with data cable disconnected from tower to check if you recieve the NO Signal mode.

3 Posts

October 25th, 2016 19:00

I have followed your suggestions and still nothing. No power LED and no 'no signal' message on the screen.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 26th, 2016 08:00

Hi emmyr85,

Please private message us the monitor service tag along with registered owner's information with email address so that we can check and assist you.To send a private message, click on my name and send private message.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

October 26th, 2016 12:00

Exactly which PC model and what version of Windows?

If this is a second monitor, is it connected to an add-in video card or are you trying to use an on-board port?

Did you use the On-Screen Display (OSD) to select the correct input port? The monitor defaults to using DisplayPort as the input from the PC, but you have to change the input port setting in the OSD if you're connecting the monitor to the HDMI port on the PC.

Did you install the drivers for this monitor?

3 Posts

October 26th, 2016 17:00

I can't access the OSD as the screen will display nothing. The power LED will not even light up and no it is not a power cable issue as I have already tried this.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

October 27th, 2016 11:00

Contact Dell Tech Support ASAP...

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 28th, 2016 03:00

Hi emmyr85,

Please private message us the monitor service tag along with registered owner's information with email address so that we can check and assist you.To send a private message, click on my name and send private message.

September 18th, 2017 00:00

Hi! I've had this problem for a long time and it now seems to be finally solved.

I just had to update my Asus GeForce 970 firmware to version 1.0:

BIOS update for STRIX-GTX970

Fix DP display issue with certain monitors.

www.asus.com/.../

I hope it helps. Thanks,

Sergio

No Events found!