Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 20th, 2012 10:00

USB Ports stop working

Hello,

i have dell optiplex GX270,Yesterday all of its USB ports stop working at once. i  have rebooted the system as my PC mouse attached with one of USB port stops working, but nothing changed.

The mouse is getting power as the LED's are glowing but it is no longer connected.i have tried many other usb devices like webcam etc but all in vain.

i have also re-installed the drivers, updated the BIOS, remove the main power for about an hour(someone suggested that) and at last re-installed the operating system but nothing happened. can anybody tell me what to do now?? do i have to change its motherboard etc etc.

plz help me in this matter.

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

Hi mhassan090,

Since you have reinstalled the operating system, I would like to know if the drivers were installed in the same order as given in the link below:

http://dell.to/P0Ddgn

Let us know about the progress.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

1. If you're using a USB keyboard, does it work before Windows starts to load? Eg, if you press F2 at Dell Splash screen, can you open BIOS setup?
  2. Did you remove motherboad battery and press/hold power button for ~15 sec after you unplugged the mains cable? Leave it like that for a couple of hours, and then reinstall the battery (right-side-up!) and reboot.
  3. If you have an externally powered USB hub, connect its power brick to the mains and the hub to a rear USB port. Now connect the mouse through the hub. Does that work?

3 Posts

December 20th, 2012 11:00

i am not sure about that..i have installed all the drivers as there is no yellow question mark appearing in the device manager. but i forgot the order

3 Posts

December 20th, 2012 11:00

i have a keyboard which has a pin connection with the PC so no problem with that. but mouse is connected via USB port.

i have not yet done the 2nd step..now i'll try.

i have no externally powered USB hub

No Events found!