Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 3rd, 2013 16:00

Upgrading video card for Inspiron 560

I want to upgrade my video card so I can play Diablo III on my computer but I'm not sure which ones will work with this PC.  Any suggestions.  This is a link to to the recommended cards for the game. 

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-supported-video-cards

I don't want to buy one if it won't work.  Any help is appreciated.

1.5K Posts

January 4th, 2013 06:00

You only have a 300 watt power supply with the stock unit so you need to keep that in mind when upgrading a video card unless you are going to upgrade the PSU also.  The HD 7750 is the best one to get without changing out your power supply as suggested and its performance falls between the HD 6750 and HD 6770.  The list just does not show the newer 7000 series AMD cards or the 600 series Nvidia cards.  With the HD 7750, you will have a card in the high performance category.  You certainly don't want any of those old low performance cards.  

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

January 3rd, 2013 16:00

If you have the mid-tower, this is a good budget card: www.newegg.com/.../Product.aspx . It's not listed, but its performance is on par with the 5770. No power supply upgrade is needed.

If you have a low profile case, there is a low profile version of that card available, but it's more money and has a smaller, noisier fan.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

January 4th, 2013 07:00

www.ultimatehardware.net/.../sapphire_radeon_hd_7750_page2.htm

"The Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 beats the Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 with Elder Scrolls V Skyrim."

"The Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 beats the Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 with Crysis 2."

No Events found!