Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 29th, 2006 19:00

Users of Dim 2100, 2200, 2300, 2350, 2400, 3000, 3100, E310

Please list your Dimension model, pci video card(s), for example FX5500, brand:  BFG, and your success or failure using that card.

Thanks

Dale

2 Intern

• 

2K Posts

Chris M, the former Dell moderator, listed the 6200 as one of the pci cards for these entry level Dells.  Now these weren't Dell tested but rather user tested.  Also at the time the list was compiled there was probably a wider selection of 6200 pci video cards available that perhaps met the pci version 2.3 standard.

Dale

12.1K Posts

Good question.....Perhaps telling about the other pci cards as well, might help you as well.  Even others might get something out of this...  I to would like to know about the 6200 card, that we have suggested to see what others think.  And that new X1300 card.  Just a thought  :smileyhappy:

6.4K Posts

I have two Dimension 2400 computers that have been modified with FX 5200 cards, one a PNY, the second an evga installed about a year after the first.  The PNY gave the most trouble being the first I had installed.  The evga card installed smoothly the first time due to my experience with the first one.  Both cards perform satisfactorily, but I don't believe they are being highly stressed.  The games my sons play included the on-line version of Final Fantasy 11 and Guild Wars.

Message Edited by JackShack on 08-29-200603:50 PM

177 Posts

August 29th, 2006 22:00

DIM 2400 Specs:

Pentium 4 2.8Ghz, 533Fsb, 512L2 Cache
1024 DDR RAM
3D Fuzion Geforce FX 5500 256MB, PCI
80G HDD
Audigy 2ZS w/ 5.1 Creative Labs Speakers
Motorola 56K Modem

My Dim 2400 runs great for the last two years. The Geforce FX 5500 is a good card for and entry level system. The only issue with the card I have is the first time I install it, the driver that comes with it doesn't work. Now I am using the 91.31 driver from NVIDIA. The Geforce card is a 2.0 PCI version and the card itself is universal as posted by Dale a while ago.

Another thing I think the 3D fuzion is affiliated with BFG Tech, postes by some forums member.

527 Posts

August 31st, 2006 17:00

The 3D Fuzion 128mb PCI Geforce 6200 card has some programming errors and no driver works except version 84.21 Problems include freeze on video playback, vertical and horizontal lines across random places on the desktop , webpages, and other screens.

I havent tested the BFG 6200 OC.

And im waiting on my X1300 256mb PCI card to arrive so I can install it in my Dell Dimension B110 and see how it performs.

Yes BFG and 3D Fuzion are the same. 3D Fuzion is BFG's name for its value priced hardware line.

166 Posts

August 31st, 2006 18:00

Dimension E310
BFG Nvidia 5500 OC 256mb PCI Video

Installed with NO issues. My only minor complaint was that the drivers on the cd that came with the card were outdated. It took 5 minutes to find and download the newest drivers from the Nvidia web site. I dl'd the new drivers to my usb key before installing the card - thanks to everyone who posted the outdated driver issue!

7 Posts

September 2nd, 2006 11:00

Dim.2400... 1.24 Gb memory..2.4 GHz..19" flat screen

After much research installed 256 ATI Radeon 9250 PCI graphic accellerator. Installed in 5 min. used drivers from website NOT disk . No conflicks that way with the old drivers on disk.  Works like a charm. Can now play games that would not even load before.

Son was on for hours with Enter the Matrix and played very smooth, no lag or loss of color.

From what I read, there seems to be less problems with the Radeon cards with a Dell than the nVidia cards with loss of color or break up of video when playing games.

As of now, really happy with this card. And the best thing was at Comp-USA after rebate, it only cost $44.00

Was well worth the upgrade.:robotvery-happy:

6 Posts

September 2nd, 2006 13:00

I've Dimension 2350 and 128mb ATI Radeon 9250 PCI Graphic card and i cannot install it!I need your help.Please give me the driver link of Radeon 9250 and explain how to install my pci card and uninstall onboard adapter.I tried much driver and methods but i haven't been successful yet.I'll be waiting for your answer.Thanks

7 Posts

September 2nd, 2006 14:00

One more thing.

Don't install anything from the disk,,they are outdated drivers.

7 Posts

September 2nd, 2006 14:00

Hi,,This is what you do first,,If you already installed any drivers for this card from the disk, uninstall them, and start from new.

Right click my computer,device manager..... right click display adapters and disable.

Turn pc off and unplug it... Install pci card in empty slot.

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=27

You need to download the Catalyst 6.8 windows XP drivers.

Don't save,, just run or open when download is done.

If link don't work,,copy and paste

Took me 10 min. from start to finish

6 Posts

September 2nd, 2006 15:00

Thanks but i haven't any hope.I'm downloading now and we'll see.I think i won't install catalys 6.8.It'll say your hardware isn't suitable or like that! And do you know catalyse 6.8 doesn't support radeon 9250.It is written on that ATI link.Anyway i'll try and post the news.See you later

6 Posts

September 2nd, 2006 16:00

Unfortunately i cannot install it.Warning is given below
"Setup was unable to find components that can be installed on your current hardware software configuraiton.Please make sure you have the required hardware or software"
Please describe details.How can i disable my onboard graphic adaptor and install radeon 9250 pci?My pc doesn't find my radeon 9250 pci card as a new hardware.See you

7 Posts

September 2nd, 2006 16:00

It does work,, You have to download the Microsoft.Net Framework first.....Then the catalyst control center 6.8.

http://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&questionID=22264

I know it says not supported,, but that is the updated drivers for the 9250 card.

I have been using the card for awhile now with NO problems at all with these updated drives.

6 Posts

September 2nd, 2006 17:00

Card works in other pc.I disable onboard adaptor and i also checked my setup.It is in auto mode.I've 3 pci slots.And i tried two of them.My tv card is plugged on the other slot.I'm so angry and i wanna be successful.Should i update my bios?I updated my bios to A02.I'm feeling stupid myself :smileymad:

7 Posts

September 2nd, 2006 17:00

How many pci slots do you have and did you try a different slot and make sure that it is in tight.

Check bios to make sure that graphic's is on auto, F2 gets you there.

Disable onboard chip with device manager,, Don't delete or remove, just disable

If anyone else knows something different to do,, Please post.

Sry,, That's all I did and card went in and works great.  Even have the control center in tool bar for quick changes.

Maybe the card is bad...... just a thought....:smileymad:

No Events found!