Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 7th, 2017 07:00

Video Card Crashing on OptiPlex 3040

I have a Dell OptiPlex 3040 with an AMD Radeon R7 350X video card. This is connected to a daisy-chained set of Dell U2417H monitors. I previously had this configuration setup on my Inspiron laptop and never had an issue.

On the OptiPlex, the monitor screens flicker intermittently, and at least once a day both monitors go black and I have to do a hard reset on the PC in order to get it fully functional again. I've updated the video card drivers, swapped out the cables on each monitor, and updated every driver on my PC. Considering the fact that this configuration didn't cause any issues on my Inspiron, I want to say that this has to be a VC issue. These PC is a few months old and under a three year warranty plan. Any help or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

-Mike

4 Operator

• 

2.3K Posts

January 7th, 2017 10:00

Hello!  A couple of things come to mind.  Did you update the BIOS at all?  What version of Windows are you running?  Did you get the drivers from Dell's support site or from AMD?  If not AMD I would go there and see if you can run their drivers, the crimson edition. Also did you set up multimonitor support in the Catalyst control panel?  AMD can be a bit finicky.

2 Posts

January 7th, 2017 15:00

Greetings! I started out with the Dell BIOS update and with the drivers on the Dell Support site. After a few weeks of the same issue, I did go to AMD's website and use their drivers. I'm on the Crimson edition and have configured it for multi-monitor support. Unfortunately, the issue still exists. I actually had to type up this response again because my monitors crashed :(.

No Events found!