Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 1st, 2003 19:00

Where to find USB driver for Windows 98

I after to blow away my XP Pro install and load my Windows 98 OS so that our accounting package will run. When I reload Winodws 98 everthing is ok with the exception that no USB devices can install. I check the hardware listing and the USB stuff show UNKNOW! Where do I find the driver on the Dell site so I can fix this problem.  Thanks,

3 Posts

Oops, I meant after installing Windows 98 2nd I get UNKNOW on all items related to PCI.

These are all the stuff listed under OTHER DEVICES and marked UNKNOW

PCI Card

PCI Ethernet Controller

PCI Multimedia Audio Device

PCI System Management Bus

PCI Universal Serial Bus

** I try to use the Resource CD that came with the system but it's for the XP Pro that was loaded at the factory.

3 Posts

I Have a Dimension 2350

28K Posts

You are going to need to find the chipset drivers for the motherboard in your computer.  This may be difficult if it is a new computer, especially one that has USB 2.0.  Microsoft has released no USB 2 drivers for Windows 98 and they are not likely to do so in the future.  Still, before anyone can help, we would need to know which model computer you have.

Steve

36 Posts

The USB Hub stood install it's own drivers if thats what you're talking about. Or do you mean you have a device plugged in and 98 isn't recognizing it?

Message Edited by JoePacton on 05-01-2003 03:38 PM

No Events found!