Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 15th, 2012 09:00

Wont Pass POST boot Inspiron One 19

Hi im having a issue with a Inspiron One 19. It will not boot, It will hang on the DELL LOGO and the bar will go 3/4 of the way so I ran a diagnostic the ram passed np but the HDD said error 0141. So i looked it up said HDD not found but in the BIOS i see it and i even ran a Live-CD ( HIREN ) and i was able to locate all the files. 

Now my question are these. How can i see what is going thru the post boot to see what are the errors. Why cant it seem to see the HDD ?

Thanks i will try to open it and see if i can make sure connections are good

9 Posts

I ran it by hitting F12 then i ran it. Then i got that error. So i decided to run my Hiren disk. I was able to look thru the drive. So i then loaded my dvd and try to see if i could fix or repair the MBR but it said there was no hdd to load OS from. So then i tried to see if i could just do a clean install and it wont show no hdd.

So back to the drawing board. I went to CMD diskpart and it shows my hdd and in the bios .... WTH. So right now i have it all open will check the hdd connections and see !!!

14.4K Posts

How did you run the diagnostic if it wont boot? Or do you mean it will post but it will not load windows. It sounds like your drive could be bad or the boot sector is missing. If you have your disk you can load the windows disk and do a repair function.

14.4K Posts

April 15th, 2012 10:00

if you could get to F12 then the system posts.  I would say again your boot manager is corrupt or damaged, giving you the no drive found error. The only way to fix that would be to try a windows repair or a reinstall.

9 Posts

April 15th, 2012 10:00

But i did try to and when i ran the Windows 7 disc it said no HDD found. I ran it in CMD but still no luck. I will reset the hdd and retry and post back in a few hours

9 Posts

April 15th, 2012 15:00

Okay so i have it all open and i swaped out the sata port from the hdd n dvd and now im get the BOOTMGR is missing. I wasn't getting it b4. Now the DVD is giving me problems im trying to run a repair. It will load win7 then the blue screen then it will stay stuck it will not move until i open the tray then it will. But then it cant cause it will just hang.

So i guess that the problem is the sata port on the mobo.

No Events found!