Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 20th, 2009 21:00

XFX 6800 XT requrements 4x or 8x AGP

I recently bought this video card for my gx260 mini tower desktop. It seems not to be displaying on the screen.(Nothing shows up) I honestly think that this video card is not compatable with my gx260 motherboard. If anyone has any info please let me know. The card is almost brand new so i know it works. I appreciate your help. Thank You! 

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

January 21st, 2009 13:00

chevy_kite334

The GX260 support AGP 4x, but AGP 8x cards should be backwards compatible to 4x.

The cards needs to be 1.5v

You will find more Info, HERE

Bev.

4.6K Posts

January 21st, 2009 13:00

Welcome to the forums :emotion-21:

Where did you buy the card?

The card is almost brand new so i know it works.

You don't - actually!

A brand new 500GB hard drive I bought a couple of years back had to be returned, because it wasn't being recognised, after I fitted it to a new system I was building.

The store from which I'd ordered it, subsequently tested the drive themselves, and it turned out to be faulty.

So just because a product is brand new,  it shouldn't be assumed that "it works" :emotion-55:

And the fact you've said it was "almost brand new", is an even more important reason not to assume it works... hence why I've asked where you bought it?

It may not be the graphics card which is the problem of course?  What have you done already, to try and solve the problem - i.e. reinstalling/updating the drivers?

No Events found!