Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 20th, 2014 15:00

XPS 2720 has faint grid pattern across screen

I just got finished RMA'ing a XPS 2720 from the Dell Outlet because the screen shows a faint grid pattern over the entire screen, even in the BIOS screens. It is most noticeable on white and very light grey areas, but it is visible. The replacement system did not have a visible grid pattern, but today I unboxed yet another Outlet XPS 2720 and it has the same grid pattern! What the heck? I did a bit of searching and didn't find similar reports from others. What's the consensus? Do certain LCD panels in this model have a problem where you can see a faint grid? I'm thinking the grid has something to do with the touchscreen, but can't say for sure. If I had to guess, I'd say the squares of the grid are about 1/4 inch square. It's like graph paper has been laid over the entire LCD, but just very faint. Ideas?

1 Message

December 11th, 2014 14:00

Hi, did you find the answer ? I  have the same problem and i don't know how to solve it

7 Posts

January 8th, 2015 19:00

I just got one from the outlet with the same issue. Trying to figure out if I just want to return it or try the exchange route.

Did you get the issue resolved (by exchanging or some other kind of fix?)?

3 Posts

January 9th, 2015 20:00

I got one from the outlet last month as well with the same issue.  I also didn't find too many complaints online, so maybe there was just a small batch with this issue.  I finally took the time to call Dell today and they are going to send me a new one.  They offered to send someone out to look at it and potentially replace the parts, however, I prefer to just try another one.  If you call in make sure you go directly to XPS support because they'll eventually transfer you there anyway.

Hope this helps and I'll report back when my new one arrives.

2 Posts

January 16th, 2015 20:00

So strange I just got done contacting Dell and I explained it exactly as you did.They acted like they never heard of it before.They are sending replacement I hope it doesn't have it as I like the computer a lot

3 Posts

January 19th, 2015 19:00

My new one arrived last week and everything looks good so far!  The monitor looks really sharp.

Hopefully everything works out with your replacement.

2 Posts

January 22nd, 2015 16:00

Got replacement and it is exactly the same.Can someone tell me if they have an XPS 27 all in one with on lines visable with a white screen?

1 Message

April 20th, 2015 00:00

Hi CDHRAMA, 

Did your new XPS not have grid lines? I recently bought mine and I have grid lines that are very noticeable. Did your replacement not have them?

3 Posts

April 30th, 2015 21:00

Barnelius,

Yes, my replacement XPS did not have grid lines.  The new one has a very sharp screen and has been great so far.

Hope everything works out with yours.

No Events found!