shdbcamping1
3 Cadmium

Re: XPS 420 Upgrade Questions???

mysonic,
Where are you getting the Dell t3400 PSU? Are you sure it will fit? How many 6 pin PCIe plugs does it have?
Also, even 1 speed fans can be forced to a slow and fast scheme with 3rd party control programs.
Sean
0 Kudos
Rafael Polit
3 Argentum

Pumpkin,

I am looking into adding that extra fan too, how did temps really changed before/after the FAN?  It would be great if you could tell us that to see the real effect the extra fan got to the system.

Thanks!

Rafa.

0 Kudos
PumpkinPie86
2 Iron

Hey,

It would be impossible for me to say, when I added the fan I also upgraded the CPU and video card so the system would be running hotter than usual anyhow. Given the layout of the 420 chassis, I don't doubt that it had an effect on the system temperature and I'm surprised Dell hasn't chosen to fit fans like this itself.

0 Kudos
mysonic
2 Bronze

Shdbcamping1 

am getting from Dell back. Since i have contact those spare part guy that able to provide me the part number.. just bought to try out. From the way i look , precision t3400 having the same BTX casing. I  need to check with some other friend that in Tech support for workstations. I will try out and let u all knows. I'm pretty fond to 9800 GX2 compare to GTX260 .. There few alternative that i haven't venture into. 

My GTX running 70C constant ....

Here my spec current.

XPS420 with 8800gtx and ageia physx card (Useless card) sigh.

750 MB HDD, 4gb , a DVD drive.

About the Fan stufff, i might add up 1 or 2 fan.. 8800 GTX is running hot. 

BTW  . Silencer 500W PSU doesn't available in the place where i live now. But nothing is impossible .

Message Edited by mysonic on 10-05-2008 04:56 PM
0 Kudos
shdbcamping1
3 Cadmium

mysonic,

That's odd for the GPU, at least where MY GTX+ goes. I can get the temps to 61C with only the on-card fan. My Prob was more the CPU/Heatsink temps. I seem to have that under control with reinstall of thermal paste. I'd Love to get the PSU part # if it works as it's 25W more and one less upgrade. Keep us informed and good luck!

Sean

0 Kudos