Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 29th, 2008 12:00

XPS 420 - having rattling problem with fans

I've been having problems with a rattling sound coming from my case since I received this computer, which is about 2 months old. It dopes not rattle all the time. This is one of the most quite machines I've ever had & I've had many, but more & more today I'm beginning to here this rattling sound coming from the frontend of the case. It's not the side panels. When it does start up I can tap the top of the case with my knuckle & it stops. Any ideas, besides wastin my time calling tech support?

60 Posts

April 29th, 2008 13:00

Mine had a few vibration sounds in the first month or two. It stopped whenever I pressed where the noise came from which was internal area near the fan (the hole on the sides)

But the sound now is gone (at least for now)

Maybe it will go away? Give it a while.

11 Posts

April 29th, 2008 13:00

The only thing I can think of is to see if there's anything loose first and foremost if not, then perhaps the fan itself has loosened and just needs to be tightened back. IF it is the fan in the first place. :p

54 Posts

April 29th, 2008 15:00

I'll check all of the above. Thanks for your time & your help.

39 Posts

April 29th, 2008 16:00

I've had mine for a month and experienced that rattling. I think it has stopped or I have become accustomed to it.

258 Posts

April 30th, 2008 00:00

I've had mine since December - still not a sound.  Quietest PC I ever owned.

453 Posts

April 30th, 2008 02:00

My 420 is also quiet. That's the only good thing I can say about ut!:smileyindifferent:

54 Posts

April 30th, 2008 16:00

This has been the quitest computer I've ever owned too, but this rattling sound gets worst by the day. Thanks to all of you guys for your comments & time.
No Events found!