Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 29th, 2012 09:00

XPS 430 Power Supply

I have a Dell XPS 430 desktop PC which has a failed power supply.  It's long since out of warranty and I need to obtain a replacement power supply, from a source in the UK.  I've looked at many possibilities, but I'm finding it very difficult to identify a a replacement unit that is of the right dimensions and has a matching set of connectors.  In particular, the connectors that are routed under the heat sink, down to the bottom of the case seem problematic.

Has anyone any experience of doing this and can recommend an appropriate replacement unit?

Thank you. 

1.8K Posts

October 29th, 2012 10:00

Hi,

You can check the image below for the details of power supply shipped with your computer:

You can check the images below of the power supply and its connector for more detailed information: 
                (Click on images for enlarged view)

For information on how to replace the power supply, you can refer to link: http://dell.to/S7HhMJ

Below are the part# for the power supply shipped with your computer:

KH624 - Power Supply, 375 Watt, PFC (LiteOn). 
C921D - Power Supply, 425 Watt, PFC (LiteOn). 
PH344 - Power Supply, 375 Watt, PFC (Delta)

Availability of these parts may vary depending on your region. You can contact the sales department at: http://dell.to/Xj0zT9 to check the availability of parts.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

October 29th, 2012 11:00

mntnet

The XPS 420 does not use a Dell proprietary power supply, standard ATX power supplies with either, a 24-pin or 20+4-pin, main motherboard power connector, are compatible and can be installed.

Because the XPS420 have an open back panel, a power supply with or without the on/off switch can be used, you should be able to buy a replacement from most local and online computer stores.

A power supply, with five SATA power connectors, is required.

Bev.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

November 27th, 2012 13:00

'The XPS 420 does not use a Dell proprietary power supply, standard ATX power supplies with either, a 24-pin or 20+4-pin, main motherboard power connector, are compatible and can be installed'.

Bev, I bought a Corsair CX600 power supply for my XPS 430, but it does not sport the white 4 pin plug (labelled as P2 on my Dell power supply) which  attaches to the motherboard near the Ram slots. Have I bought the wrong power supply or is it likely this lead / plug is just missing? Even though I am a novice, changing the power supply seems straight forward - if you have the right replacement of course.

poormansteve

No, the CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 600W ATX12V has 1 x 4+4 Pin ATX 12V power connector, that divides into 2 x 4-pin connectors, you used one of these for the P2 connector.

From Corsair's Technical website:

The EPS12V power connector has a detachable 4-pin mechanism in order to support either an 8-pin socket or a 4-pin “P4/12V” socket on the motherboard.

Bev.

'The XPS 420 does not use a Dell proprietary power supply, standard ATX power supplies with either, a 24-pin or 20+4-pin, main motherboard power connector, are compatible and can be installed'.

Bev, I bought a Corsair CX600 power supply for my XPS 430, but it does not sport the white 4 pin plug (labelled as P2 on my Dell power supply) which  attaches to the motherboard near the Ram slots. Have I bought the wrong power supply or is it likely this lead / plug is just missing? Even though I am a novice, changing the power supply seems straight forward - if you have the right replacement of course.

According to a motherboard schematic I found it seems as if my 'white 4 pin connector' is the processor power supply, so pretty vital then. As it is missing from the CX600 PSU, is there another connector used instead?

November 27th, 2012 14:00

Bev. You are right as usual. I saw the video right after posting my query, and came back to eat humble pie and admit I should have gone to the Corsair site before shouting help. Still, happy now. Thanks again for your assistance.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

poormansteve

No problem and I'm happy to have helped.

Bev.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

According to a motherboard schematic I found it seems as if my 'white 4 pin connector' is the processor power supply, so pretty vital then. As it is missing from the CX600 PSU, is there another connector used instead?

poormansteve

Answered in my other post.

Bev.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

poormansteve

You can find a Corsair video tutorial on the EPS/ATX 12v connector, here:

http://www.corsair.com/us/support/faq/power-supplies

Bev.

4.4K Posts

May 16th, 2013 02:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity.For assistance,with same issue or a different issue,please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                      

No Events found!