Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 16th, 2008 04:00

XPS 630 Fan Sliders fixed

You can get the new A02 MIO board firmware and instructions here.

Dell customer care/service. If already out of warranty, click hereFind your Service Tag
DELL-Chris M
#IWork4Dell

123 Posts

August 18th, 2008 00:00

Yeah but my rig is with fedex right now and has left production. I guess I'll have to do it when I get it. =p

123 Posts

August 18th, 2008 00:00

My question exactly, but I have one ordered before this fix went live.

???????

513 Posts

August 18th, 2008 01:00

A bother, but no biggie.

I suggest checking everything out first however.  You machine may not need any additional fussing. 

513 Posts

August 18th, 2008 20:00

Odd.

Has this happened more than once? 

23 Posts

August 18th, 2008 20:00

Well it was good while it lasted. The fan and lights are working and then i go out to shop for a couple of house and when i come back home everything is back to default for some reason. So when i notice that i restarted my machine and everything is back to where it should be lights red and fans at 20 each. So it looks like if you leave your computer on for hours with no activity everything goes back to default settings for some odd reason. so its not fixed yet unless im the only person that is having this problem.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 19th, 2008 12:00

So it looks like if you leave your computer on for hours with no activity everything goes back to default settings.
* Not on mine.

23 Posts

August 19th, 2008 13:00

it has not done it again. so im not sure whats going on. guess i wait to see if it does it again sometime. also when is the hdd light going to be fixed.

23 Posts

August 19th, 2008 18:00

well it did it again. it does it when the computer goes to sleep mode do i need to set a profile for sleep so my settings will be the same when the computer wakes up or is something wrong.

370 Posts

August 19th, 2008 20:00

I can't offer much help here except to say that it doesn't surprise me. Sleep/Hibernation/Standby modes have always caused me problems on desktops... XP and Vista.

202 Posts

August 20th, 2008 07:00

Is There Any Way 2 Tell Weather The New Firm Ware Update Actually Installed Correctly?

The Firm Ware Software Version Indicator Still Said #22, When I Installed It Over The Week End.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 21st, 2008 04:00

kevpan815,

When flashing, if the popup to click OK came up, it was successful.

74 Posts

August 21st, 2008 17:00

I have installed Dells latest fixes and everything seems to be working great, no more lock ups when I set up and load a Profile Policy and the sliders seem to represent the correct fan position.  Good job Dell.

139 Posts

September 17th, 2008 17:00

Guess the link with the new firmware is dead huh?

475 Posts

DELL-Chris M wrote:

So it looks like if you leave your computer on for hours with no activity everything goes back to default settings.
* Not on mine.

You are a extremely helpful kind of guy, that being said... what kind of post was that for a liason?  You've been involved with the 630i MESS long enough to know that it is a manufacturing problem and NOTHING is beyond the realm of possible. That was an insult to the poster and so unbecoming of the standards that we have all learned to hold you up to. Dissapointed.

Sean

Edit: We all believe (at least I do) that you care more than that. You've got a very tough job. A break (vacation... job change) may save your sanity. I say this 'cause I know about the "Burnout" of this type of job. I care cause you cared. Just saying a break may be in order. Be well, for you, you deserve it for as long as you've been doing this.

Message Edited by shdbcamping1 on 09-17-2008 03:00 PM

475 Posts

Dell-Chris_M: sound familiar... like from months ago. It does to me on a personal 630i level. Odd I must add, as my XPS420 has not burped or hickupped in over a month. Tell Mike to drop the deadbeat 630i and save customer's a load of headaches. Freedom of information act will allow me to get numbers from Dell that will not look good. Don't make me....

Sean

No Events found!