Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 19th, 2009 11:00

XPS 630i Doesn't POST

I went to restart my 630i and after Windows 7 was supposed to be done shutting down, the screen was blank so I assumed it froze and shut it down with the power button (it turned off instantly instead of having to hold it). I turn it back on and the lights come on, the fans spin up, the HD light blinks a few times and I hear the drive startup but there's no video. My monitor says No Signal, but there's no beeping and no POST screen. My USB keyboard didn't even seem to be powered. I tried another monitor to confirm, and nothing. I took out the CMOS battery for a few minutes and replaced it with no change. Also, I tried resetting the CMOS with the jumper and nothing.

Is there anything else I can do to get this working?

Thanks.

14.4K Posts

December 19th, 2009 12:00

Sometime they will work themselves loose and if it was not fully seated from the begining the heating and cooling can cause it to work loose.

Glad to hear you are back up and running.

14.4K Posts

on the onset it appears your video card has died. What is the condition of your diagnostic lights?

3 Posts

The LED on the back of the PSU is green and the power LED looks like it usually does when it's on. It's solid white. Are there any other diagnostic lights?

3 Posts

Thanks for the video card suggestion. I tried reseating it and now it works....

I have no idea why or how that fixed it or how the problem started in the first place but it seems ok now.

Thanks!

14.4K Posts

No unfortunately Dell decided not to include these on your system. So I would still look at the video card.

No Events found!