Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 20th, 2010 16:00

XPS 700 Powers up then down

Well before I went on vacation for 4 days I decided to set my power settings to power down the monitor//disk drives//computer after a certain time.  When I came home my computer would power up for a second or two then immediately power down, anyone hear of this problem before and have a remedy.  I usually never shut down the computer but thought about conserving the energy while I was gone…I am paying the price now.  (Not to mention that I pushed the power button and the plastic button fell to the bottom of the case although Dell is sending me a new one).

14.4K Posts

December 20th, 2010 17:00

Waite until you get your power button fixed. But I'm not certain that is all that is wrong. Once you have the button replace if it is still doing it again, then post back and we will see if we can provide some more help

6 Posts

December 20th, 2010 20:00

Well I am going to try Geeksquad and see if they can fix it, so unproductive without my computer.  I'll post what is wrong with it if they diagnose the problem.

14.4K Posts

December 21st, 2010 18:00

I really doubt that they will be able to fix it as parts for the system are virturally non existant. The power supply is Dell specific as is the motherboard. And if you are out of warranty on either one you will have a heck of a time finding one and be prepared for sticker shock as a new board will normally run around 3-4 hundred dollars.

6 Posts

December 22nd, 2010 10:00

Right on the money Dave, Motherboard is bad and of course I have to go through Dell so time to get out my wallet or buy a new computer…either way not good news.

No Events found!