Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 13th, 2008 00:00

XPS 710 - Graphical Problems.

I am experiencing one of the most unusual problems with XPS 710 I have ever encountered. It's solely regards graphics and the output of the graphics on the XPS 710

First an outline of the Set-up:

XPS 710, Nvidia Series 8 -> VGA to DVI Convertor -> VGA Cable -> 19'' Dell TFT Monitor

Windows XP SP3, Latest GFX Drivers.

History of Repairs until now:

The GFX card has been replaced already, as was my Memory

And last, the problem:

When I switch on the PC, and Windows boots up, and let Windows load it services and start-up applications the color on-screen look fine but slowly and degradingly the colors start to soften. My reds change to italian pinks, my blues soften to cyan and light blues.

What did I try until now to solve the problem?

Changed Monitors - Done

Installed GFX Drivers - Done

Any ideas can contribute to this problem please?

14.4K Posts

November 13th, 2008 05:00

What type of connection are you using to connect to the monitor? VGA or DVI?

14.4K Posts

14.4K Posts

4 Posts

November 13th, 2008 23:00

As stated in my initial post I am using a VGA Cable with a DVI Convertor plugged into the DVI Slot of the GFX Card.

14.4K Posts

November 14th, 2008 06:00

You orginal post you mentioned VGA to DVI which is a bit confusing, it is usually refered to as a DVI to VGA convertor. You could have bad cable, convertor, or I know you replaced it graphics card.

Do you have the latest drivers for your monitor. Can you get your hands on a DVI monitor to eliminate the cable.

You could also try running the Dell diagnostics on the graphic card.

Im thinking its some sort of heat issue. You can download and run a free program called GPU-z to monitor your cards temp.

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

No Events found!