Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 6th, 2007 09:00

XPS 720

Could one of these be the new XPS 720..... :smileyvery-happy:

This is an article I found - It's been translated from Chinese to English...

Pay attention to the Dell news. People knew about this several months ago, Dell has promoted this through storm website (http://www.ideastorm.com/), the invitation customer supplies ideas, to company's product, the service, the strategy and so on gives the comment, and carries on the voting. Dell carries on the ticket most opinions considers, decided whether and how to implement these options. Now the thought storm stared another product design storm - to invite the consumer to design one section to be able to see the scenery the computer outer covering.

Dell soon promotes the new generation plays computer XPS720 to have two section of alternative transparent outer coverings(to see cart) at present, to on  the thought storms website upthrow your ticket, which one section tells us you to like. Your opinion may decide Dell's computer. The voting starts from April 25, finished to May 11. After having solicited everybody's suggestions, Dell (including Chine) will promote this model of computer later this year to the whole world

Message Edited by Heayyoung on 05-06-2007 05:46 AM

Message Edited by Heayyoung on 06-28-2007 02:46 AM

18 Posts

Cool... I would love to have the top one.... Looks nice... Too bad I don't have the funds....

Message Edited by Heayyoung on 05-06-2007 05:55 AM

12.1K Posts

Yep, this has been shown on this forum by the Dell Moderator a week or so ago.  The Moderator wanted the members to vote on the two models to see which ones we liked the best.....

2.3K Posts

May 6th, 2007 15:00

I heard from a little birdie, whom I will not name that Dell is planninng to release the XPS720 on May 25.
I heard this last week from someone with Dell, whom I do trust.  Apparently Dell wants to regain the lead in gaming systems (maybe aquisition of Alienware gets some credit here)

I am hoping to be the first one ordering it as I was waiting to order the XPS710 with Vista, but I didn't because they never offered RAID with Vista, aside from the fact that I had some reservations about the 590 MotherBoard.

Now let's hope that XPS720 has the 680 MoBo, faster RAM, maybe even lightscribe and allow us to change the disco lights in windows and without going into the BIOS... and let's hope they keep all the good stuff we already like (I actually love the classic and practical looks of the box)... I personally am not sure about the window side panel, but I suppose if you order the H2C model, it would be nice to show off the water cooling system's lights. and a nice folder to put the manuals and disks in would be nice; I think I read somewhere that the folder is included with the H2C at this time.

XPS710 will be dead, long live XPS720

Peace

12.1K Posts

May 6th, 2007 17:00

I had to chuckle a bit MoneyGuyBK, on your comment regarding Dell wanting to regain the lead in gaming systems.  Not to make fun of you, but Dell never was in the lead for gaming.... Ever.  Now they do have a chance to catch up, some what, but how much is still a question mark.   I can only imagine Dell making some improvements, but not all the improvements one would think a gaming system should look like if memory serves me correctly.  Remember, they did purchase Alienware, and I really do not think they want to cut into those sales.  Just a guess on my part, hope I'm wrong, but lets see what is shown on the 25th or there abouts.

Do the necessary testing to see if they are just as good as the other gaming system with the new boy on the block.  Than we will tip our hats off to Dell, but not until then. 

3.3K Posts

May 6th, 2007 22:00

The XPS 700's and 710's will never be dead, as long as they keep up the upgrade program!

48 Posts

May 6th, 2007 22:00

I think something is about to happen to the 710 H2C line. A little over a week ago I made a post wondering about Dual XP/Vista boot installations, and I got a response from one of the Dell moderators saying to wait two weeks to buy that 710 H2C. The original post is here:

I'm not sure if this means a new XPS is coming out or if they are about to finally put Vista on the 710 H2C line. Either way will make me happy.

Message Edited by SSJWebbster on 05-06-2007 06:06 PM

1.9K Posts

May 7th, 2007 12:00

I am a little surprised Dell isn't going for a new generation name.  XPS 800.  The mistakes and the poor chipset of the 700 series have given this generation a black eye.  It would be a smart move for Dell to seperate their next system from the current gen as much as possible.  Regardless, I am really to pop that new mobo in my 700 chassis.

2.6K Posts

May 7th, 2007 14:00

Hey PG I think we are living in avacuum and are a very small subset of buyers.  That being said we are alos a very infuential group and with a ring leader that got things done the right way we and Dell customers all benefited rather than some type of firm.

pointguard1122 wrote:
I am a little surprised Dell isn't going for a new generation name.  XPS 800.  The mistakes and the poor chipset of the 700 series have given this generation a black eye.  It would be a smart move for Dell to seperate their next system from the current gen as much as possible.  Regardless, I am really to pop that new mobo in my 700 chassis.

40 Posts

May 7th, 2007 14:00

According to information I got from a very reliable source the 720 has the 680i chipset.

May 7th, 2007 15:00

I was waiting for the 710 h2c to be released with vista, but given the info above it sounds like it might be worth waiting a couple of weeks to see if any new xps producs appear

cheers

michael

2.3K Posts

May 7th, 2007 17:00

SR45
yeah I chuckled too... but one can hope,,, right ?:smileyhappy:

gdwrnch3
I didn not mean dead, I meant as in a king dead :smileywink:
make room for the new king

pointguard1122
I could not agree more, XPS800 sounds much better :smileyvery-happy:

Peace

Message Edited by MoneyGuyBK on 05-07-2007 11:54 AM

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 7th, 2007 18:00

Hey, guys.

I love this thread! I'll try to drop some 720 nuggets in Friday afternoon. Stay tuned.

XPS800, eh? hmmm. I'll have to mention that somewhere at sometime, right? I'm sure there is a plan for moving branding up to 800 already, but it never hurts for the planners to know what customers are thinking.

2.3K Posts

Cheers Dell-Bill B

I am glad you are on top of things here

Peace

12.1K Posts

However, Dell-Bill, XPS 800 should also have another better case that really distinguishes it from the XPS 710 system, not just a little bit with a X clear side panel.  Make sure the case is of the type that is easily accessible, wires and cables nicely tucked away for better air flow, upgradable, Mod friendly, able to accept future motherboards, and cooling solutions.

Probably too late for this now.  :smileysad:

VelocityMicro Gamer’s Edge PCX

eVGA nForce 680i SLI Socket 775 A1 version
Bios P-25
E6600 core 2 duo 2.4 Ghz @ 3.0 Ghz 1.35v
850 watt p/s
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Heatsink
4 Gb Corsair Dominator DDR-2 1066 Mhz Heat Xchange 5-5-5-18 2T
4 gb addressed for 64 bit - 2.8 gb addressed for 32 bit
eVGA 8800 GTX 768 mb @ 660/2000 O/C
SATA 250 Gb WD 16 mb cache
20x Lite On DVD-R
Dell 2407 ( 24 ) LCD
Vista Premium 64 bit
Vista Ultimate 32 bit
3DMks06 11,469

Dell Dim 4400

2.6 Ghz 400 FSB
1 Gb 2100 DDR memory
120 Gb Seagate 7,200 drive
XFX 7800 GS O/C AGP
410 watt p/s
XP Home

2.3K Posts

May 7th, 2007 19:00

Dell-Bill, SR45 and all of the elite :smileyvery-happy:

I kind of agree with SR45 about the case... but I personally like the looks of the current case, it is classy and almost* practical.
* I agree that the wiring placement and upgradibility is lacking (impractical), so a correction here would be a plus. 

the see through case really is not important to me, althought it would be to H2C buyers to show off the lights on the cooling system.

I will be happy if the following occurs:
  • more upgradibiliy (this is always good, future proofing)
  • better wiring placement
  • choice of PSU without regards to colors (couldn't care less for the red)
  • 680 MoBo
  • maybe the faster RAM rather than current 667s
  • lightscribe optical drive(s) I do lots of photos and videos and burn music
  • ability to choose Virus software brand (now we are limited to McAfee) when ordering bundles; I prefer Trend Micro as I find Norton and McAfee too resource-hungry
  • ability to change and turn on/off the disco lights from windows, not BIOS
  • more USB and Firewire outlets will be a plus (future proofing)

A MUST HAVE: RAID WITH VISTA (currently not available with XPS710)

• ablility to order up to 4 HDDs rather than 3
  • ability to put RAID0 as follows:
  1. RAID0 HDD 1 and 2 (I would choose 2x 10K-RPM HDDs here) for software
  2. RAID0 HDD 3 and 4 (I would choose 2 Large 500Gig+ HDDs here) for Docs and files

Let's dream about XPS720 until May 25 :smileywink:

Peace

Message Edited by MoneyGuyBK on 05-07-2007 01:38 PM
No Events found!