Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 26th, 2010 16:00

XPS 8100 Desktop & ST2420L monitor constantly flashes black screen for a couple seconds randomly!!! HELP!!

Hi there,

I just bought my desktop about two months ago. It seems like the screen started going black for a couple seconds and then back randomly. The graphics card in my xps 8100 is a ATI Radeon HD 5770. I did download the new ATI bios off the drivers page and updated the new ATI drivers. Could it be some of the settings within catalyst? This is quit annoying, i would say the screen goes black once every 15-30minutes randomly and it'll only stay black for approximately 2-3 seconds before resuming normally. I encounter this mostly when browsing the web or playing games. 

Thanks for the help!

-Justin

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

November 26th, 2010 16:00

As this is a relatively new PC and still in warranty it would be best to contact Dell support.  This is apparently a hardware issue, whether it's the monitor or something in the PC.  Only Dell support can get in warranty hardware problems resolved.    We are only users helping users on this forum, not Dell employees.

One suggestion, with the PC powered off, disconnect the cable for the monitor at the video card then open the case and "reseat" the video card (unplug then plug back in making sure it's fully inserted into the chassis connector.   Reconnect the monitor cable, power on and give it a try. 

9 Posts

November 26th, 2010 22:00

Thanks, i'll give that a try and if that doesn't work I'll contact Dell support.

No Events found!