Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 5th, 2017 10:00

XPS 8300 Graphics card

I have a XPS 8300, all stock with i5-2500, 8gb ram, and a ATI Radeon 5670 Card.

Well the graphics card died last night.  I guess i knew it  was coming but tried to ignore the symptoms.

I need a replacement card.  Here are my requirements. I want to keep my computer. I have added a usb 3.0 card, Wireless card, and updated the hard drive.  I use two Dell monitors to do my work.  One connects by VGA  the other HDMI

I am not a gamer or a power user. Primary uses are browsing, MS Office, some photo and video editing, and occasional graphics use of Sketchup or even AutoCad to make edit 3d prints.  I am a high school science teacher and my activities lean in that direction and moderate personal use.   I would prefer a reasonable and reliable replacement that should last 3-5 more years.  

10 Elder

• 

44.4K Posts

September 5th, 2017 13:00

And you know the video card failed, how...?

You could pull the add-in video card out and connect your monitors to the onboard video ports, HDMI and VGA.  You have to physically remove the card before the onboard ports will be active.

If nothing else, that gives you a work-around until you decide on a replacement card...

2 Posts

September 5th, 2017 16:00

Actually last night all I did was move the VGA cable to the onboard port and I was able to get a screen up and finish my schoolwork.  Just now I turned on my computer and a mess came up saying I had an unsupported video configuration.  I can also remote into the system using Google chrome and see my desktop.

No Events found!