Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

March 12th, 2015 11:00

XPS 8500 diagnostic test

My audio became very distorted - I tried different speakers, but that was not the problem.   I installed a sound card (creative Audigy Fx)  to see if the problem was with the integrated RealTek audio, but the problem persists.

I ran Dell's  online diagnostics - it took about 30 minutes.   It reported 'There was an issue running diagnostics', but never got to the stage of displaying a diagnostic report.

How can I get the results of the test ? 

1.2K Posts

March 13th, 2015 04:00

Good day!

Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum.

To resolve this issue I would ask you to perform these steps ,

1)Is the audio heard clearly via earphones and you have mentioned that with different speakers that was not the problem so with external speakers is the audio heard clearly.

2)May I know the operating system installed on the system and provide the service tag of the system via private message so that I can look into the specifications of the system .

3)Another alternate means of initiating diagnostics is by clicking on this link
enter the service tag of the system then initiate online diagnostics on the system .

If there are any more queries do write to us ,awaiting a reply.

Sincere Regards,

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

March 13th, 2015 06:00

Adding some notes...

You mentioned adding a PCIe x1 sound blaster card. You must boot into the Bios (restart, press F2), go to Advanced, Onboard Device Configuration. Disable the Onboard Audio Controller. Press F10 to save and exit. Once into windows, install the PCIe x1 sound blaster card driver. Did you do all of this?

No Events found!