Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 12th, 2013 04:00

XPS 8700 Audio Question

i just got a soundblaster z card. it requests i turn off the on-board audio chipset if i have one.

i think i do but not sure, if so what is the setting in bios that has to be disabled?

thank you,

stephen

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 12th, 2013 07:00

The audio controller is found under the Advanced settings.  Press F2 at power on to access the System Setup (BIOS). 

From the Dell manual:

Advanced→ Onboard Device Configuration

Onboard Audio Controller Allows you to enable or disable the onboard audio controller

December 12th, 2013 07:00

thanx for your response ... 1 more question, i've already installed the soundblaster software, probably should have disabled audio controller 1st .. i could uninstall and reinstall or do a system restore to before i installed the software,

or none of the above .... ???

stephen

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 12th, 2013 11:00

If everything is working OK with the SoundBlaster there is no need to do anything.   Otherwise, a System Restore would be the best bet to start over, with the on-board audio disabled.

December 12th, 2013 18:00

I did not know if everything was ok or not so I went with the system restore. after that was completed and I re-installed it became very obvious that doing the install without turning off the on-board chip was a big mistake. thanx for your assistance its all working really well now and I've learned more than I knew before  :emotion-1: 

No Events found!