Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 19th, 2016 11:00

XPS 8700 Upgrade to Windows 10 Bluetooth troubles

Tried to upgrade Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10. Everything worked except Bluetooth. The Intel 7260 AC/BT mini card shows up under USB devices as unknown device,. I've found many other threads of this problem but no solutions. Also, the "search" function in control panel never works either. Some type of language problem. That seems more windows 10 related but has anyone else gotten BT to work on an 8700 win 10 upgrade?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

December 20th, 2016 06:00

Intel has a comment on their site as to uninstalling the Bluetooth drivers prior to upgrading.  It seems the drives will not complete their install over the prior version.

If you want to try, select the Bluetooth Device (Intel Wireless Bluetooth) and uninstall in Device Manager and check the box to uninstall all drivers.  Then go to the Programs and Features in the Control Panel and uninstall the Inter Wireless Bluetooth.

After that, go to the Dell site and update all drivers, which may include a Bios update.  

I have one Dell system running a 7260 and one with a 8260 and both work fine with Windows 10.

2 Posts

December 20th, 2016 14:00

Thanks for the reply. I found that post and tried it right after posting my question. It works now, all is well.

No Events found!