Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 20th, 2016 19:00

XPS 8700 problem

I'm asking for help using a different computer because my xps 8700  will not boot up. There is no communication with my monitor when I start up the computer. Black screen.The fan runs at start up and i see an orange light inside the box.If I try to put in a disk,nothing happens.Last week my computer would start up for no apparent reason when in sleep mode.I would have to get out of bed to shut it down in the middle of the night,otherwise it would stay lit up.Any ideas ?? Thanks.

May 20th, 2016 23:00

Hi Cheech63

Thanks for writing to us. 

Please disconnect all connector and hold down the power button for 10 sec and then try to boot up again. 

Also if there is a separate graphics card, remove the graphics card and try the onboard connection. Simultaneously you can try another monitor just in case, to rule out the monitor. 

Await your response.

Regards

4 Posts

May 21st, 2016 18:00

It will not boot up.The monitor is fine.I don't have an additional graphics card installed.The only thing that runs is the fan.This computer is only about 4 years old.

May 21st, 2016 21:00

Hi nice to hear from you.
Please try with one memory at a time. If the issue is still the same, then consider replacing the motherboard. Do let us know if the system is under warranty.

4 Posts

May 22nd, 2016 10:00

Hi. I had a feeling You would say it may be the motherboard. No,it's not under warranty. Can You give me so good options to replace it.? thanks. 

May 22nd, 2016 21:00

Hi, Nice to hear from you. 

If the system was shipped with windows 8 home the motherboard part# is GXJ67

for windows 8 professional P93CG

for windows 7 (home/pro) JTTGY 

You can purchase it from any Dell authorized online reseller as long as the part # I have provided are same. 

Regards

4 Posts

May 23rd, 2016 15:00

Hi. My system came with windows 7 home premium.I searched for motherboard replacement part # JTTGY with no luck including Dell's site. There must be a replacement somewhere. Any ideas ?

May 25th, 2016 20:00

You can contact our spare parts team on 1-866-440-3355.

just a note :: I see the part is available on amazon.com

May 26th, 2016 21:00

Hi, should you have any queries do give us a shout. Have a good one. 

No Events found!