Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 5th, 2017 16:00

XPS 8900, case mod, upgrade, CPU Liquid cooler, 850w PSU

EVGA UPGRADES TO DELL XPS 8900!

This is my Dell XPS 8900, modified with a new EVGA 120 mm liquid cooling system and power supply with EVGA 850w as well. I have changed the case fan for a Nuvo, since the one that comes from factory is simple and did not meet my expectations. The first thing I did was paint the whole case in black color, completely disassemble the computer and paint the bare bone, then put it back together and stay with the black interior, I did not like the look of aluminum with nothing and the truth is that I liked the result.
I want to take my Dell XPS 8900 to a new level, it is a limited space as it is a medium tower but adapting everything, the final result is good, I still lack the video card improvements, I will install an EVGA 1070 and more memory RAM.
-The first improvement I made, was the cooling of the Core i7 processor, install an EVGA liquid cooling with fan and 120mm radiator which I had to mount with a universal rad stands, mount it in the space where the hard disk comes Which I had to place on another side with a 5.25 inch to 2.5 or 3.5 Inch adapter to mount it in the space where the DVD player DVD.
- Change the SATA and ATA cables to one black to change the inside of the pc.
-Change the factory case fan for a Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilentPro PE-1 92mm x 25mm Ultra Quiet Fan 1300 RPM
-Replace the power for an EVGA G3 850w, the size and power was perfect for me.
-Locks to replace the video card, it will be an EVGA 1070 6GB
- And increase the capacity of ram memory
*Soon*

Another improvement made to the case, was the creation of a window in the side panel, since if I'm doing an interior improvement that is not cheap, at least I want to appreciate it besides that it looks great. At least I love it
I made the window with an aluminum cutter, a sheet of plexi glass and channels molding. Another result that I love.

The improvements are still in process. I leave you images ...

1 Attachment

17 Posts

March 9th, 2017 11:00

Man thats awesome.

March 9th, 2017 18:00

Thanks bro

13 Posts

April 16th, 2017 00:00

Dell should hire you. Amazing work! Any tips when making the window side panel mod? I don't have any skills yet I'm inspired to do something similar (once warranty is out...)

1.2K Posts

April 16th, 2017 10:00

Nice.

No Events found!