Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 26th, 2015 07:00

XPS 8900 f_panel wiring diagram

Trying to install in a new case and need the f panel wiring diagram to connect the power, reset and hdd light switches to the pin connectors on the motherboard.  Does anybody have a wiring diagram for this.  Called Dell Tech support.  Apparently Dell does not have this or know about how to get one.  I'm kinda of dumbfounded, so I'm turning to anybody on these forums that may have an answer.  Thanks 

6 Posts

September 1st, 2016 04:00

Update: so I jumpered 9, 11, 12 through a 3-wire jumper. The message went away! Maybe I did it badly originally, not sure. Note that 5+6 still needs to be connected to the power switch, otherwise nothing will power on the system (so the 9, 11, 12 have nothing to do with power - it`s just to get rid of the message).

Oddly, now, I get a "Your system is having trouble booting" message, which scans memory / drives / etc ... and then ... comes to a "click OK to continue" screen, which, when the OK button is clicked, proceeds to boot completely normally!!!!!! Argh. So I traded one "ok" button for another, and still need a keyboard and a human attached to the computer to boot it. :(

No Events found!