Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 28th, 2009 13:00

XPS 9000 and XPS 8000 delivery delay issues

The previous thread that mentioned issues of the Studio XPS 9000 and XPS 8000 being delayed or having extensive build times was locked. After a months time I had ordered mine (9/26) and it was supposed to ship on (10/22), after two delays it finally shipped out and will be received today (10/28). If you have any issues or have found any solutions to help get your systems sooner please help others that have also been in this predicament. It would seem the main issue is due to the high demand of I5 and I7 processors and parts being backordered. If you call customer service after a delay often times they will upgrade you to one day shipping, even though it took them three days to actually get it out.

17 Posts

March 19th, 2010 01:00

The i7-860 and i7-920 are almost similar clock-for-clock. Under very few applications are they different...its more like comparing yellow onions to white onions....its still an onion, just a different flavor.

71 Posts

March 23rd, 2010 11:00

Canada Customer .. Ordered on March 9, 2010.. Shipping Date was March 29, 2010. Shipped March 19, 2010. Recieved today ( March 23. 2010) !!!!

March 24th, 2010 15:00

WOW, I thought I was the only one going thru this Dell Delay Nightmare. I had originally ordered an XPS 8000 on Jan 29th. Received it on Feb 11th (Very Happy initially). Well within 4 hours I was sending this PC back because it was defective. I ordered another PC (XPS 9000) on Feb 12th (EDD was Mar 8th, OK Fine). Well after 3 Delays, countless times speaking with Customer Support and a Complaint Filed with the BBB, I finally received my XPS 9000 yesterday on Mar 23rd. Funny thing is I did not get any help until I filed with the BBB. I then got an Executive member who kept me updated every week on what was going on. She gave me Next Day Air (it was shipped on Mar 22nd). This whole process was incredibly frustrating. I am pretty sure they know me by name now:) Now I will say after playing with the 9000 that it is a BEAST and a very, very good PC. I spec'd it out against an iMac and for the money and technical specifications you definitely get more bang for the buck with the XPS 9000. I am an IT person and an expert with PC's and this is a very well built PC. A word of warning, it is HUGE. Alot bigger than I thought it would be. Have plenty of room. I guess in the end it was worth the wait and frustration. Hopefully Dell works on their Horrible customer service.

2 Posts

March 26th, 2010 20:00

Another Canadian customer here, Edmonton AB. Ordered an XPS 9000 with MultiTouch monitor on Feb 2, 2010, EDD was March 2, Received two delay email notices, then it shipped on 10 March 2010 and arrived on 15 March.

After reading all the delay posts here I wasn't about to get into CSR hell, and get all frustrated, so I didn't call Dell, just waited patiently until it finally arrived, now I am a happy camper, it's a great machine, everything works great, and the touch screen monitor is a dream to use. This is my fourth Dell computer over the years, and I have always been very satisfied.

Some of you unsatisfied customers have to get over your need for instant gratification and just become a bit more patient. Try ordering a new car customised to how you want it and wait for it to be built, then shipped, then see if you get instant gratification!

881 Posts

March 26th, 2010 21:00

Wow. I believe you have missed the entire point of this thread. "Instant Gratification" has absolutely zero do do with anything. If on 4 Feb I had been told it would take almost seven weeks to get the system I could have made an informed decision on ordering it or not. The point IS: People should be honest and tell the truth as they know it. If there is an unforeseen problem they should be honest about that also. Most of us are upset, I believe, about the stall tactics, lies and the run-arounds. I too love my system. I have never said otherwise. This shouldn't be personal and I don't want to make it that way but you are WAY out of line.

Jeff:emotion-2:

108 Posts

March 26th, 2010 21:00

I agree.  I ordered an XPS8000 last December with an EDD before Christmas, as a Christmas present. Since that didn't happen, I ended up ordering an XPS 435T (now known as the 9000) from Dell Outlet in January so I could have a computer. Finally, after 3 delays, at the end of January I received the "Christmas present".  By the time I received it, I needed another computer for one of my business locations, so, I kept the 9000 for myself and sent the 8000 out to the other location.  However, by the time I got it, the 8000 was a discontinued model, which Dell knew, but didn't tell anyone, at the time I originally ordered it. 

I am very happy with both computers. I have been a Dell customer for many years and would order again; however, I think they badly misled and mistreated loyal customers.  If they knew (and I think it is clear that they did)  they were not going to be able to deliver a computer for Christmas, they should not have promised it. They should have let everyone know the 8000 was being discontinued, since they weren't able to deliver the ordered units anyway, and people could have waited to order the 8100. 

5 Posts

March 30th, 2010 22:00

I must admit that my experience ordering a Dell XPS 9000 was pretty painless.  I ordered it on March 22 (Toronto, Canada), and received the system on March 30.  System works fine, with zero glitches.  Not sure why some are having an extended delay on their systems; my assumption is that the individual degree of customization has something to do with it, as well as the supply of parts.  Overall, I am happy with the speed of delivery and the general quality of the XPS 9000.   

1 Message

May 31st, 2010 07:00

I had the same problem.   XPS has a slot, not a tray for the disks.  There is not little hole for a paperclip if your stuck.  When I set up my new computer the 2nd software disk stuck and there was no way to remove it.  You only options are Window - eject and a arrow key on the keyboard up with the volume, pause key, etc.  It a disk become stuck you've had it.  I sent it back and am going to buy one with a tray for the disk media.  I sent the defective one back 2 weeks ago and am still waiting for my money back.  Funny how they can take your money in 10 minutes and it takes weeks for a refund on a defective system.  This was not a "I don't like it" return.  It was a "defective computer" return.  I will call next week to see if they can't speed this refund up a bit.  I does not do Dell's name any good to have these kind of problems that can be easily improved.

Dave Arlington

No Events found!