Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 8th, 2012 09:00

XPS One 27 Disk Eject

I have an XPS One 27 with Windows 8.  I cannot seem to eject a disk from the disk drive. I see the lighted disk eject icon, but when I touch it, noting happens.  Do I touch the light?  Ken

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

November 8th, 2012 10:00

Hello Ken, 

To eject the disk from the optical drive, Soft-press the indicators or LEDs for optical drive eject button. Settings such as display brightness and contrast, volume up and down can also be managed through these indicators.
NOTE: The LEDs sense the proximity of the user and they automatically turn on when the user comes closer to them.

Please write back to us if you have any further questions. 

8 Posts

November 27th, 2012 17:00

Is there any other way to eject the disk like keyboard

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

November 28th, 2012 13:00

Hello Grumblebum,

XPS One 2710, was shipped with 2 kind of keyboards: Dell KM713 Wireless Keyboard  and Dell KM632 Wireless Keyboard .

Dell KM713 Wireless Keyboard has the Function to eject CD from the optical drive. Fn+F7 would help you to eject CD. 

Listed below are the Multimedia Keys and Sleep Key available on the Keyboard.

But in case you have received  Dell KM632 Wireless Keyboard, it does not have the eject button. It does have the multimedia function keys but not the eject key. 

Please write back if you have any further questions, would be glad to assist you further. 

8 Posts

November 28th, 2012 15:00

Many Thanks Allan D Grumble bum.

You don't happen to know how to change how you open a email after you save it to a Desktop folder for later  It used to open but somehow the the email name file changed to notepad( I more then likely hit the wrong button) and all I Get is jumble letters what is the file to open saved desktop emails Thanks

8 Posts

November 29th, 2012 11:00

Great both of your idea's worked a treat Many Thanks For All your Help.

Now all  I Have to do is argue with XBox Music on windows 8 after playing a song trying to stop the song from playing any further doesn't seem to be a stop button only pause and rewind and fast forward.

But Thanks again for your help

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

November 29th, 2012 11:00

Hello Grumblebum.

Was the previous article helpful? Did it resolve you issue with ejecting CD from the optical drive?

In Regards to the issue with the email saved on the desktop, there are few steps I would suggest.
-- Right click the icon of the saved email on desktop.
-- Click properties. 
-- Select General tab.
-- Under General, click Change. 
-- A window pops up with few options.
-- Select Internet Explorer.
-- Click Apply and then OK.
-- Try to open the email saved on the desktop and check the functionality. 

Please write back to us, would be glad to assist further. 

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

November 29th, 2012 13:00

The manual shows a button on the front.

Position  #8

2 Posts

November 29th, 2012 16:00

Thanks for the help.  As it turns out, there was a broken cable so touching the eject 8 didn't work.  The computer has been replaced.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

November 30th, 2012 11:00

Hello Ken, 

Thank you for replying back. I'm glad that the issue got fixed as the computer was replaced. 
Please feel free to write back for further queries, would be glad to assist.  

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

November 30th, 2012 11:00

Hello Grumblebum,

Glad to be of help!
Please feel free to write back if you have any further queries in future. 

3 Posts

May 20th, 2013 21:00

I am having the same issue with my eject button, and there should be no cable disconnected.  I re-installed my OS and all the drivers.  And, it stopped working.  What is my next step?

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

May 21st, 2013 01:00

Hello Bdphil86,

Please help me understand if you have tried the suggestions mentioned in this thread. If not, please try the steps and see how it goes. In case the issue persist, try updating the On Screen Display Application and check if the issue persists.

Please write back with results.  

1 Message

December 20th, 2013 03:00

Hello Allan, 

I too have just found the same problem with a disc not ejecting from my Dell One 2710 Unfortunately, I was shipped the KM632..(I'm in Ireland)    I wonder what kind of logic Dell employed to send these computers out without a Fn Key...?

So, can you please help me resolve this problem...The computer has been up and running for the first time since just four days ago...Blu-ray. DVD's and CD's have all worked fine... but suddenly, for no apparent reason, the eject function will not work.

In the meantime,  I will see if Logitech do a keyboard which has this function !

Thank You for your assistance with this.

~ Philip Kelleher

May 31st, 2014 15:00

Of course Dell didn't provide an eject key on their supposedly purpose built keyboard for their top of the line desktop, it goes along with the nice little non-functioning eject light. It took Dell thirty years to design a computer that can't eject a disc.

May 31st, 2014 16:00

It doesn't work. The little indicator light doesn't work, it doesn't do anything. Of course I bought the standard Dell keyboard instead of the non-Dell keyboard assuming that the Dell keyboard would've been made for the computer not considering that Dell has abandoned any pretense of being a customer oriented business.
No Events found!