Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 25th, 2013 05:00

XPS One 27 - Monitor Doesn't "Wake Up"

I have a brand new XPS One 27 with WIndows 8 and have had this issue off-and-on since I got it. If computer is left on it goes to sleep - but later when I wake it using the mouse the screen just kind of 'blinks' but doesn't come back on to get me to the sign-on screen. I end up crashing the computer by holding the power button down and rebooting...which can't be good. Any suggestions of what's causing this?

thanks,

1 Message

June 30th, 2014 13:00

I have the newest XPS 27 and I have the same problem with the display when it goes to sleep and doesn't wake up with the mouse. I found a solution although not an ideal one but it works so far. If the display doesn't wake up with the mouse i press one of the brightness buttons on the display. The computer doesn't react to the mouse movement but it surely does to the buttons on the display! Hope it helps :emotion-1:

August 30th, 2016 12:00

I know this post is very old...but the issue continues. I purchased a XPS One 27 in March 2015. Three months later I had the exact problem you mention. I called Dell. they said it was a software problem, so they reinstalled Windows. It didn't solve the problem. They continued to insist it was a software problem and simply reinstalled Windows again. Didn't help. after a few months of "living with the problem" (the computer would boot up properly from time to time) I finally called again when the problem simply would not go away. Dell refused to help because the computer was out of warranty...same problem...never solved.

I then paid Dell's "Out of Warranty" service department to help. The said once again it was a software issue and asked me to pay for a Windows installation disk. Which I did, reluctantly (because it was just $25). Reinstalling Windows didn't help...no surprise.

So, I finally took the computer to a local expert who looked at it. He installed a new hard drive and newly installed windows. Same problem! He figured out that the problem is the screen. He says the screen and digitizer (touch feature) need to be replaced.

So, I called Dell. They don't have the parts. They don't sell the parts. The all-in-one computers are not worth fixing if something goes wrong...so they don't even sell the parts! They told me they could do nothing but sell me another one.

No Events found!