Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 11th, 2015 13:00

XPS One 2710 motherboard compatibility?

I have a dell xps aio 2710 with  faulty motherboard (constantly getting 4 beeps = ram read/write failure, and with no luck of fixing it after all kind of ram replacements/manipulations). So I'm planning on replacing the motherboard. Dell part number for the one currently installed is 02XMCT. Can it be replaced with boards with a different dp/n, like G17RR, i.e. is it compatible?  and what complications could this lead to?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

February 12th, 2015 07:00

Dell can only speak to what Dell tested and validated. The XPS One 2710 motherboards are tied to the operating system and the graphics. G17RR and 3VTJ7 are children part numbers of the parent Dell part number on the far left.
1PMFP Discrete video, Windows 8 Pro, 3VTJ7
1CMYV Onboard video, Window 8 Pro, G17RR
PKND9 Discrete video, Windows 8 Home, 3VTJ7
WPVM4 Onboard video, Windows 8 Home, G17RR
YCGJ1 Discrete video, Window 7, 3VTJ7
WXVGM Onboard video, Window 7, G17RR

6 Posts

October 31st, 2015 08:00

my computer has the G17RR motherboard, can it be replaced with the 3VTJ7 board, i've gone through 2 motherboards in 6 months both with the graphics going bad 

47 Posts

November 5th, 2015 11:00

Did you find anything out about yours?  My motherboard just went bad and I'm considering all options.

1 Message

March 4th, 2016 13:00

I have the same problem with my two-year old XPS One motherboard.  It also died last November.  I returned it to Dell for replacement but they returned it to me saying that they did not have a replacement motherboard in stock.  I call them every month to see if the part is yet in stock, but it never is.  I have just been told to wait awhile longer.  Does anyone know what the problem with the XPS One motherboard is and whether Dell will ever get the replacement part in stock?  Seems like a problem that Dell should be able to resolve rather easily.

1 Message

April 30th, 2016 01:00

Have you recently upgraded to Windows 10?

No Events found!