Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

November 16th, 2012 20:00

XPS One 2710; shut monitor off

I have a new XPS One 2710 and I love it. Is is a tremendous machine. I would like to be able to hibernate my monitor (it is in my bedroom). I was able to simply shut off my prior monitor by powering t off. Is there a hot-key or short cut to hibernate the screen without just waiting for it to hibernate, I hope my question makes sense. Thanks, Chris Houston, TX

November 16th, 2012 21:00

Hi Csgreeley,

There are no options to hibernate the display without hibernating the system. However, you can try going into the power options and set a time limit, if the system is not active for the set amount of time it will automatically turn off the display, while the background programs will run on the computer.

To set the power option please follow the steps below:

• Click on Start> type in Power options in the search bar and press enter.
  • Click on change plan settings
  • Set the time limit beside "Turn off the display".
  • Click on apply
Hope this helps. Please reply for any further questions.

1 Rookie

• 

25 Posts

November 22nd, 2012 08:00

Thanks, Abhishek.  That is what I thought.  I have done that.  The problem is when I am done working, I have to wait for the computer to hibernate before the screen goes dark.  This aggravates my wife to no end.  I may have to simply make the time interval very short.  With my prior (XPS410), I could simply turn off the monitor when done.

Oh well!

Thanks,

Chris

November 23rd, 2012 22:00

Hi Chris,

It is not possible for you to shut down the monitor in the All in One systems like the way you can do it in regular desktop system. the only option is what I provided you on the above post.  To instantly put the system on sleep or hibernate you can click on Start > Shutdown> choose the option Hibernate or Sleep according to your need and it will switch off the display.

Hope this helps. Please reply for any further help.

No Events found!